Williams/Blum PODCAST: Big 12 football debate

Discussion in 'Football' started by ChrisMWilliams, Jul 31, 2013.

1. ChrisMWilliams

ChrisMWilliams Publisher
    Staff Member Bookie

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Hack Blogger
    Bondurant, Iowa
  2. isuska

isuska Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Ankeny, IA
    Summer Shandy a girly beer? **** Florida

3. cyhawkdmb

cyhawkdmb Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Insurance
    CB
    I endorse Summer Shandy! and of course CW dosnt know what he is talking bout in the Challenge. Dont mess with KC Wess and CT is from the mean streets of Connecticut. (i think)

4. State43

State43 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Graphic Designer
    Omaha, NE
    Summer Shandy - Sissy lemon pledge in a bottle

5. 00clone

00clone Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2011
    "Before" picture model
    Iowa City area
    OK, I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but based on comments above....if "busch light boy" is making fun of anyone's beer choices....he got no room to talk.

:jimlad:

Although, on the other hand, the summer shandy in my basement fridge is exclusively being drank by the little missus, and it's been in there for nearly a month, and I have to tell her to leave my good beer alone and drink that.

6. NATEizKING

NATEizKING Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Hilton
    Mod please rename thread title to:Williams/Blum PODCAST: Summer Shandy a Girl Beer debate

7. isuska

isuska Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Ankeny, IA
    ha but I see what you're saying.

The Big 12 is such a crapshoot this year.

8. Daserop

Daserop Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Space Debris Collection
    The Bebop
    I say bring on the cupcakes, for they are always tasty!

9. State43

State43 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Graphic Designer
    Omaha, NE
    I am with Blum on that. I enjoy seeing ISU win games, but watching the Western Illinois game that is boring for the most part that we win 100% of the time vs Iowa or Tulsa that we win say 50% of the time. To me it's a no brainer. I want to be entertained and the risk of losing a game is just par for the course. And another thing, no one is going to talk about ISU beating Western Illinois the next day on ESPN, they might if we beat a team with a pulse.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cycsk

Cycsk Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Great discussion. Glad to hear Blum's take on Big 12 predictions, Summer beers, and The Bachelorette.

The Friday night "after school" gathering at The Keg Stand to talk Cyclone Sports sounds fun. You might want to make a sticky thread about it so that more people get the word.

P.S. CW, do you really have Busch Light when you go to The Keg Stand? All those choices on tap and you don't even try something else?

11. alarson

alarson Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Advertising sales
    Ankeny
    For things like this to change, we need a re-do on what bowl eligibility is. The current system where # of wins is all that matters means we're going to focus on that first and guarantee wins where we can with an already difficult schedule.

It really should be something else that focuses more on the actual rating of the teams involved, and the SOS they played.

12. ChrisMWilliams

ChrisMWilliams Publisher
    Staff Member Bookie

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Hack Blogger
    Bondurant, Iowa
    It all depends on my mood. Tomorrow, I'll likely start with something new and then move onto the good stuff. An iced cold Blue Tasty.

13. Stormin

Stormin Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    At the end of the day when it comes to Bowls it is all about the number of wins. Schedule Iowa and a couple of cupcakes. Pay the money and get 7 home games and get the cupcakes here. That is what we need to do. Scheduling home and away series with Tulsa and Toledo and San Jose State is not what we should do IMO. If you want another home and away then schedule MINNESOTA which would be a great game IMO. At the end of the season everyone forgets who you played in the non-conference and looks at the number of wins. Our conference is strong enough to have cupcakes in the non-conference. And if you can't get cupcakes then schedule the close losing programs of the Big Ten like Illinois, and Minnesota......along with Iowa.

14. Aclone

Aclone Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Or, when the program progresses to the place where bowl eligibility becomes a moot point, it doesn't matter who we get the win against, does it?

I'm pretty sure that I've heard commentators talking about how important SOS is for future rankings/playoff picture. I could be wrong though, I've been mistaken before.

15. Tony Pierson of Kansas is moving from RB to WR this year to try and give them a playmaker there.

I'm fine with ISU's schedule year in and year out. Actually wished I had sold my ticket to W. Ill last year. Could have saved me the drive over from Omaha and just watched it on Cyclones.tv instead.

UNI, Iowa, and Tulsa will all make for interesting games from an anticipation standpoint. They also provide some challenges for SR heading into Big 12 play.