Will ISU be ranked?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Will ISU be in the top 25?

• Yes

Votes: 146 64.9%
  • No

Votes: 79 35.1%

• Total voters

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
will be awesome if we get a ranking.. but then heading to BYU having a top 25 team come to town seems to make teams play twice as hard.

Yeah, it doesn't really matter if we are ranked tomorrow. If we lose to BYU we will be out, but if we get the road win we will probably jump to top 20.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Don't want to get ahead of myself here... But if we get ranked tomorrow, and if we can beat BYU, we have about 3 weeks of very winnable games. And with as shaky as the preseason top 25 is, there could be a real opportunity to move quite high in the top 25 rankings in the next 3 weeks, leading up to the Iowa game.

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012
Don't want to get ahead of myself here... But if we get ranked tomorrow, and if we can beat BYU, we have about 3 weeks of very winnable games. And with as shaky as the preseason top 25 is, there could be a real opportunity to move quite high in the top 25 rankings in the next 3 weeks, leading up to the Iowa game.

Get past BYU and that Iowa game looks like it'll be between two teams pretty high in the rankings.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
It depends if we beat BYU or not. If we blow them out(Not going to happen) I say top 20 for sure. A close win and we are in as well. Close loss maybe, but if we get blown out there then not a chance.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
No, though we should as rankings this early are based on smoke and mirrors so actual results should reign supreme. ND lost, they drop out and we should get their spot.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Hope to beat BYU and Iowa also. It would be our best non conference in a very long time if that happens. It would also alleviate the pressure to finish hard in the conference race in order to get into the NCAA.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
I hope we are, but my guess is we'll at least have some "other votes." I think if we beat BYU in Utah, we will be ranked then.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
But why? I'd love to get to the point that we are ranked going into the season.

Not saying it's not a good thing....I just need to see more of the team and how the season plays out before I can get TRULY excited about how good they are (although I can't remember being this excited to watch ISU Bball in November--frik that was awesome!).

Remember, the last two years people were melting down at times throughout November and December, only to see real nice seasons emerge.

Now, if they go into BYU this week and keep it steady without being hungover from the MU game, I would probably change my mind on what 'too soon' is.

CyclonesForever

Nov 5, 2011
Ames, IA
17. Creighton 18. Iowa 19. Gonz 20. Wisc 21. UConn 22. New Mex 23. Oregon 24. Iowa St 25. Marquette
View translation

Iowa is unranked right now and he predicts them to jump up to #18 for dominating the almighty basketball powers of Maryland-Eastern Shore and Abilene Christian? I don't care how bad they beat them, no way should wins over those schools jump your ranking that much.