Why didn't Chizik demand a replay on the final play in OT???

Discussion in 'Football' started by Rogue52, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Rogue52

Rogue52 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    It was an obvious catch in the endzone, but we have review in college football. We were entitled to have that play reviewed. We should not have left the field either.

/sarcasm

2. cyfan15

cyfan15 Active Member

Oct 23, 2006
    He needs to speak to their athletic director. This game is not over.

3. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Tucson, AZ
    Stay! On! The field! We're staying!

4. clonerules

clonerules Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    LOL I said this same thing!!!

Thank god we have some class!!

5. DefendtheStreak

DefendtheStreak New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Vegas
    That's funny....not flaming...it really made me laugh.

6. clonerules

Apr 11, 2006

Good team u guys have!!! Wish you nothing but the best for the remainder! I was thoroughly impressed!! (even though I still think your coach is a douche) for lack of a better word:wink:

7. Swanson10

Swanson10 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Should have gone to OT IMO. You have to go for two with .03 left and on the road. Win it then or lose it, doesn't matter. need to give it a shot especially after driving 98 yards in less then 2 minutes. Go big or dont get off the plane.

8. clonerules

Apr 11, 2006

fixed it for ya :wink:

9. DefendtheStreak

DefendtheStreak New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Vegas
    He's is a douche, why wouldn't you? Him winning two games in a row is not going to erase the whole "leaving the field" thing in your guys' house. He's an embarrassment.

10. San Francisco Cy

San Francisco Cy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2008
    San Francisco
    I would have preferred we went for two. We had all of the momentum, and I wasn't all that confident that we'd make the PAT. In retrospect, if we had a timeout left, I don't think it would have been all that outlandish. But, as it was, we had all the momentum, and no reason to believe that we wouldn't pull it out in OT...

11. clonerules

Apr 11, 2006

Thank you for seeing it for what it was... a complete lack of respect!! Im glad to see thats not what you stand for!!

Again, best of luck!!! I think I speak for most of the fans here, youre welcome back anytime!! Youre insight was greatly appreciated!!

Wish we could play it again tho:wink:

12. clonerules

Apr 11, 2006

Exactly why I was content with OT at that point.:cool:

But, sometimes you just have to give credit where credit is do....and for the 2nd week in a row, they made the play when it really needed to be made:no: perfect throw, prefect catch....game over:sad: you cant take anything away from that deciding play.... well done UNLV.:dull:

13. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

Going for two crossed my mind, but we did have all the momentum at that point.

14. CarolinaCy

CarolinaCy Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2008
    Yes, we did have all the momentum at that point, and letting the game go into OT killed that momentum. It gave UNLVs coaches time to regroup their players, gave their D a few minutes of rest, and let them plan an offensive series - albeit a short one.

We just drove the length of field in under 2 minutes, I'm guessing their D might have been a little gassed. Why not try to take advantage of that?

15. brianhos

brianhos Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Computer geek
    Trenchtown
    Did our guys go out and dance and spit on their logo?

16. twojman

twojman Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Clive

DING DING DING!!!! Basically that was like giving them a timeout, a chance for the shock to wear off and a chance for them to put a plan into place. My guess is that Chizik would not finish the game the same way.

17. Cyclonesrule91

Cyclonesrule91 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Finance Officer
    Waukee
    Had he gone for two and failed then it would have looked like an brain dead call. I think that the reasons you said to go for 2 are reasons to me to wait for overtime. We had all of the momentum and if your defense has been on the field quite a bit, they are going to be tired regardless of if they got a couple minute break.

Bottom line..........We imploded in the first half and had we played any better in the first half, we could have won without overtime. don't go questioning one call in a game full of many blunders....

Fixable blunders I might add...:mask:

18. CyCloned

CyCloned Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Male
    Accountant
    Robins, Iowa
    I am with the going for 2 here. The UNLV defense had to be a little shell shocked after the TD. It would help if the Clones could run the stupid ball in short yardage situations. I guess I look at it as amazing that they had a chance to tie the game after a 98 yard drive, so push things a little harder when you have the chance.

A week off will let the coaches work on short yardage and PFs.:cry: