Where do we go with our last 3-4 Schollies?

Discussion in 'Football' started by KMAC_ATTACK, Jan 28, 2013.

1. KMAC_ATTACK

KMAC_ATTACK Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Waterloo
    Everyone has been following the De-commits etc etc but we're sitting a week away from signing day with 3-4 schollies, what does everyone want to see and who????

Here's my stab at it, some names you will see you will know, others you will not know....

All the hoopla is over Justin Madison, i think he sounds like a very good player. However, rumor floating today is that the "U" offered today. If either ISU or Wake Forest has a prayer of retaining him, seems unlikely.

Jeff Badet - WR: he's no longer interested in ISU. He's leaning between Kentucky and now has received an offer to UCLA over the weekend with a friend that was visiting. I would consider him a UCLA lean now.

Dantwaun O'Neal - WR 6-3 192 from deland, fla. If you know Deland (S. Johnson) former high school, they run the ball a lot. he's got the ability, under the radar guy imo.

Darlen Williston - DE, rush end with offers from ISU, Rutgers, Cinci, and Mizzou...would be a very good edge rusher.

Casey Irish - Ath, 6-3 205, played 6 positions this season, great versatility. Would love to see this kid as another Jake Knott or possible even the hybrid - LB/S position. Big time hitter.

Colton Plante - LB, 6-2 221, Under the radar guy that his coach calls the toughest, hard nosed players in the state of florida....not sure about you, but i want those guys.

Davarez Bryant - DE, 6-4, 230, looks the part on the strong side. Quick, and could be a solid player - still have not offered.

Winston Chastang - DE, 6-3 225, needs to put on some size but has speed. another hard nosed football players, i love these type of kids because they always keep working to get better!

BJ Simpson - Ath, 6-1 185, not sure about you, but, that sounds like a great safety! Could develop into a stud as he has cover skills as a former DB.

Jerry Haymon - S (juco) need a good cover safety in this league thats willing to stick someone....ala Kenny vacarro from Texas.....

Malik Smith - DE, 6-2, 239, offered by Indiana, but, they're heavy at the position already. Athlete, had 80 yd td catch as a td...

Wayne Scott - OT, 6-4, 305, offers from a few lower programs, many projecting his natural position may be DT....could be one of those guys you convert into a great DT rather then trying to recruit a great DT!

Nate Bryant - Ath, 6-0, 240, not sure what position he's projected at right now from the staff but we have offered.

Thens theres others like
    Bobby Leath - DT
    Trevon Young - LB
    Keith Kelsey Jr - LB
    Trevon Young - OL
    Ted Meline - WR juco
    Markeith Ambles - WR juco

Just a few - hundreds more, hope we fill those slots with good players and one of them will develop into a force in the big 12.

• Like Like x 1
  2. isuno1fan

isuno1fan Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Clive, Iowa
    I think we get 2-3 more and then coach rewards a walk on with a scholarship

3. BigLame

BigLame Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2008
    Western IA
    Seemed to recall Miami playing before sparse crowds this past season (one game which had pictures of the stadium with less than half of it occupied). The opportunity to play in the Big XII and packed home games for Coach Rhoads and a rising program is a better sell than you are giving it credit for. If it were Alabama, Florida, or Oregon, then I may make a similar statement of having a slim chance.

4. Tre4ISU

Tre4ISU Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Ninja
    Estherville
    I wouldn't worry too much about Miami.

5. theCyBooty

theCyBooty Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Madison has top 2 of Wake and ISU, has cut Miami.

6. pdxclone

pdxclone Member

Feb 7, 2007
    Metropolis of Ames
    @ISUGoldenRule: @King_Madison16 MT @superscoutken: Tampa Robinson DE Justin Madison was blown away by his official visit to Iowa State Scout.com: Madison blown away

Also see pic in CF Thread 'Iowa State's Class of 2013'

7. megamanxzero35

megamanxzero35 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2011
    We drop 100k in the lap of Manziel and he transfers here.

8. Messi

Messi Active Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Male
    Cedar Rapids
    With the money his parents make, it'd take alot more than that

9. brett108

brett108 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    Chemical Engineer
    Borger, TX
    Kids are leaving for TTU and Indiana. Lets not act like we are that big a draw...

10. Tre4ISU

Dec 30, 2008
    Ninja
    Estherville
    Who left for TT?

11. BigLame

BigLame Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2008
    Western IA
    We got 1 from Missouri & 1 from Cincinnati before those. Players shifting happens, but just saying because the "U" showed an interest that we only had a prayer afterward is not an accurate way to think nowadays. Not saying we have surpassed Miami, but trend lines & conference affiliations would lead me to my initial point.

12. djcubby

djcubby Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Male
    Bondurant
    Jalen Barnes left for Houston and then switch again to TT.

13. sdillon500

sdillon500 Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2006
    northern california
    Jalen Barnes, in a roundabout way. Originally decommitted for Houston, then ultimately chose Tech a week or two later.

14. pyrocyz

pyrocyz Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Ames
    I heard Jalen Barnes switched to a hometown school and then to a school in the middle of nowhere...

:jimlad:

15. Tre4ISU

Dec 30, 2008
    Ninja
    Estherville
    It doesn't count if we pull their offer.

16. ribsnwhiskey

ribsnwhiskey Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Ames
    And Nebraska. And we got guys to switch from Missouri and Cincinnati. We may even get a few more.

Dumb post is dumb.

17. Cyclonic1

Cyclonic1 Active Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Male
    retired
    Sun City, AZ
    Any word about our last weekend visitors? They had to have appreciated the BB game atmosphere.
    I agree with the walk-on comment. I believe Arceo earned one last season and IMO he will be a star for us this season.

18. KMAC_ATTACK

KMAC_ATTACK Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Waterloo
    You may be right....but, thats like saying during the down years that Norte Dame wasn't still getting 4-5* kids because its norte dame...and i agree their recruiting this year is brutal...not sure why, but, its the worst its been in years. It used to be that if Miami offered you went, unless you were a FSU or Fla commit. But things are a changing for sure. But....

FYI last years recruiting class ended up being 33 players with more 5* and 4* then Iowa State has had in its history. Lets also look at the obvious, the kid is from Florida, and although you make a compelling argument with the whole big 12, packed houses and all...and i would agree i'm so stoked that we're filling our stadium, miami had a down year and averaged 7k less then us....Lets not forget, miami was on sanctions and that always leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths....they were 7-5, 2 of their 5 losses came against top 5 teams, and all 5 losses were to bowl eligible teams.

Not bashing, love me some ISU, but, if we start winning recruiting battles with the likes of Oklahoma (oops we already did) and especially Miami, i will assure you that our talent level will greatly increase....i mean seriously in their last recruiting class they had a total of 20 players ranked at their positions by rivals....we currently sit for 2013 with 2.

Hope we get him, i love athletic DE's never ever have too many....get a rotation that can keep everyone fresher is how you compete in the brutal conference schedules.

Good Luck CPR, go get him!!!!

19. isufbcurt

isufbcurt Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Male
    CPA
    Newton
    Heck I love ISU with all my heart but had I had an offer from Miami I would have been there without even thinking about it.

20. cyhawkdmb

cyhawkdmb Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Insurance
    CB
    #20 cyhawkdmb, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013