When will my son stop crapping his pants?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Incyte, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Incyte

Incyte Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2007
    My boy is over 3 now and has no interest in taking a crap on the toilet. He's good with #1 but refuses to do #2. I'm getting a little tired of changing his diapers as it feels more or more like I'm wiping a grown man's ***.

At this point I've lost hope and am committed to putting him on the bus his first day of Kindergarten with 3 diapers in his bag and a note on his shirt that says "Sorry."

Any CF's have any good potty training tips that don't involve shock collars? TIA.

• Like Like x 1
  2. 3TrueFans

3TrueFans Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Ames
    Bribery is always a hit.

3. Daserop

Daserop Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Space Debris Collection
    The Bebop
    I never liked time out.

4. CycloneGB

CycloneGB Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Well you can be sure that once he's in school and other kids find out, it won't take him long to change his ways..

5. everyyard

everyyard Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Male
    usually by age 4. be patient. schedule toilet sitting 2-3 times a day.

6. BBHMagic

BBHMagic Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Bribe him by saying if he goes in the toilet then he won't have to walk around with **** in his pants. I know I'd go for that.

7. Mr Janny

Mr Janny Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
    Staff Member

Mar 27, 2006
    We had luck with little prizes for a dry diaper or going on the toilet. Nothing fancy. We used little dolls called "Squinkies." They were cheap, and you got a lot per package. That seemed to work. But in the end, it's all about them being ready for it. There's no magic bullet

8. The_Architect

The_Architect Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Focus Town
    FIFY

9. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

My son is 15, eats like a horse, and we're hoping he stops pooping altogether.

10. cyclonesurveyor

Jan 26, 2009
    Fort Collins, CO
    QUIT COLD TURKEY.

if they talk about it, tells you when they have done it, they are ready. the first few days will suck, but if they are already peeing in the toilet, there shouldn't be much to it.

currently in week 2 of potty training with my 2.5 year old boy (our 3rd and final). it was going really good this week until yesterday and he had a relapse/bad day. can't wait until no more diapers....

11. oldman

oldman Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    My mother always said she never sent any kid to school in diapers. Boys are stubborn when it comes to the deuce, so patient my man -- it'll happen.

12. oldman

oldman Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    I remember my middle daughter. Good at peeing, terrible at crapping. She hated her potty chair, and would opt for the closet. One day I put her potty in the closet. She still has nightmares about it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. keepngoal

keepngoal Jobless Jerk
    Staff Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Harley rides worked for my son. But boys take longer, most times anyway.

Have tried not using/buying any more diapers?

14. kentkel

kentkel Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Male
    Teacher
    Grinnell
    Is there something that he really wants (a toy, etc) that you could set as a goal. Once he reaches the goal, you positively reinforce him with that reward. Sometimes this has worked with kids - (one of my children was motivated through this method).
    Yet sometimes that doesn't work. For example, my oldest daughter and a good friend's son both had similar situations - once they were 4, they figured that they were too old for diapers & that they needed to go potty just like a "big person". I sympathize with your frustrations over a 3-year-old who won't poo on the pot - but, I believe, everything will eventually work itself out (no pun intended).

15. CySmitty

CySmitty Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Mechanical Engineer
    Longmont, CO
    Ha good luck. We are just working with my son. He is two and 3/4 years old. We put him in underwear during the day. He stays dry for the most part. He will wait until we put on a pull up at bed time to poop. We've been working on him for the last week or so. He just pooped in the toliet for the first time last night and today so hopefully he is making progress but who knows. We of course have no idea what we are doing. He does get a sucker for going poop in the toilet plus we call grandpa so that seems to help motivate him so far.

16. 00clone

00clone Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2011
    "Before" picture model
    Iowa City area

Even better, Tootsie rolls. You drop a log, you get a turd-like treat!

:wink:

Our 3 year old (39 months) just finally turned the corner in the last 2 months. Took a little of everything: No diapers, cool undies he didn't want to get dirty, rewards for pooping in the toilet at the beginning, then only for full days with no accidents, lots of praise for going in the toilet. (although with the log he dropped this morning, the "good job, son" was completely genuine...holy cow)

17. Daserop

Daserop Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Space Debris Collection
    The Bebop
    I told my wife that when our kids come, they better come out toilet trained.

18. CYEATHAWK

CYEATHAWK Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2007
    When she was almost two, was training first daughter.....she was lazy, and even though she knew right from wrong....she would still pollute her pull up. At the time we had leather furniture, and the wife one night put her in regular underwear, and set her down in our leather chair in front of a 45 minute Barney movie. Wasn't more than 20 minutes later she was screaming. Went to see what the problem was....lo and behold she was sitting in a pool. Picked her up.....cleaned her, the chair............and never had a problem again.

19. cdnlngld

cdnlngld Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Engineer
    Ames, IA
    THIS 1000X

When we adopted our first four, one being three, was still, not even remotely, potty trained. We went out and bought a sh** load (pun intended) of matchbox cars...... it took a couple of months, but we went from trying everything, with no progress to using prizes and getting almost instant results. Take him to the store and let him pick out a bunch of inexpensive prizes that he can be excited about. When he finally doodies in the bathroom let him pick out a prize immediately. Also start out by making him try to go routinely, like every hour or two depending on how regular he is. Eventually you will hit paydirt and will be there for him to poop. When he finaly makes poop in the toilet, make the hugest deal out of it. Shower him with praise and high fives and hugs and kisses, and then put that prize bucket in front of him.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mr Janny

Mr Janny Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
    Staff Member

Mar 27, 2006
    no kidding. Sometimes I'm not sure how they're capable of it. Our daughter is 3, and mostly potty trained. Sometimes I'll take her to the bathroom, and she'll drop a deuce that would be down right impressive for an adult. I damn near want to yell at my wife "Hey, bring the camera! This one's going in the baby book!"

• Like Like x 1