What if?

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by C.John, Oct 3, 2006.

1. C.John

C.John Babysitting Debbie Downers
    Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Cubicle Dweller
    Could you imagine if Berryman had not tripped himself up again how much better the front four would have been. Parker would have had a year as his understudy and Parker would have benefitted greatly from that. We wouldn't be complaining about the lack of pressure the D line is putting on opposing QBs, and that pressure would have benefitted our beleaguered secondary since the opposing QB wouldn't have all the time in the world to set up...

Who knows if or how much better the D would have been...We'll never know thanks to Berryman...

2. tim_redd

tim_redd Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Ankeny
    In my mind the defense would be significantly better with Berryman and Robertson, but it is way to late to play this game. Got to move on and only think about the people that are here.

3. monkeybrow

monkeybrow Member

May 19, 2006
    "what if's" are the "what could have been"....or perhaps "might have been"..but are really nothing but dreams and folly in the end.

4. C.John

Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Cubicle Dweller
    Just wondering out loud on a slow Tuesday...

5. ISUAlum2002

ISUAlum2002 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Urbandale
    I remember watching Berryman dominate in the bowl game last year and thinking to myself "damn...we get this guy for another 2 years? Our D-line is going to be great next year even though we lose Leaders."

Great job, Jason. I think our defense would be significantly better, and I don't think Toledo's QB could have picked us apart as much as he did as he would have had Berryman all over him and Robertson was a much more punishing LB than any that we have right now.

6. jay moe

jay moe Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Educator
    southern iowa
    If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas! Sorry, just bored right now, Saturday evening can't get here soon enough.

7. C.John

Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Cubicle Dweller
    Yes I know that this thread is useless, but today was a slow day and thought I would throw this out there...if I could delete this thread I would, but I can't so deal with it...:rofl8yi:

8. ISUFan22

ISUFan22 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Healthcare IT Project Manager
    Denver, CO
    Yeah...Berryman screwed ISU not once, but twice.

9. monkeybrow

monkeybrow Member

May 19, 2006
    where is he now? I hope he is getting help of some sort....

10. cyclonedrew

cyclonedrew Member

Apr 11, 2006
    What if they just threw the ball deep to Todd Blythe? What if?

11. Covenant Clone

Covenant Clone Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Owner/Construction Co.
    Clive
    We lost a key player at every level. D-line - Berryman, LB's - Robertson, DB's - Smith. That will hurt any defense regardless of the talent level.

12. jay moe

jay moe Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Educator
    southern iowa
    No, don't delete, just having fun! Today is really slow.

13. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    #13 Wesley, Oct 3, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
    This week is the week to prove all the garn91 stats are in the end hogwash and to prove to a national Saturday audience that we are better than shown previously. Be like Kansas and step up to the plate and sock it to them!!!!!!!!!!:frown3qg:

14. jdoggivjc

jdoggivjc Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2006
    Sterling Heights, MI
    All Berryman had to do was wait 2 weeks and he would have been 21. Then he could have been in the strip club all he wanted and only the moral police would have cared. It wasn't just letting State down, it was due to sheer stupidity