Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Football' started by megamanxzero35, Sep 8, 2013.
Announcements, answers, etc.
Jake Knott and AJ Klein some how manged to re-gain college eligibility? :jimlad:
I want him to fire the whole staff and state how every player on the team is a loser. 100% chance to beat Iowa after that.
I would take this. Also:
1. Playcalling responsibilities for the offense moved to anybody else.
2. CPR turning intense as he talks about the offense, letting us know that from now on, we are the ones who knock.
3. Some dude getting hit coming off the bus. Not his shadow, but an actual guy.
I'm betting we won't hear much. A lot of softballs will be lobbed and answered with coach speak. Selfishly, I don't like it, but that's probably best.
Jevohn Miller won't see any action unless it's special teams.
Yeah, id put money on this as well
I want to hear him challenge Kirk to an arm wrestling match.
They tried that, but when Miller went to put his arms around the water judge to take it to the field, he didn't wrap up enough and dropped it.
I want to hear him say that Jeremiah George will get more than two tackles.
I want to hear him say that we won't surrender 550 rushing yards like UT just did.
I want to hear him say that Luke Knott will start and that Jevohn Miller's playing time has been reduced to zero.
I want to hear him say that Jansen Watson and Nigel Tribune will play.
I want to hear him say that Sam E. Richardson won't have to play as many downs.
I want to hear him say that Sam B. Richardson won't run as much and that our RBs will run more.
I want to hear him say we've fired Mess for someone who can call plays successfully.
Doubt he'll say a lot but in this order I want to hear:
1. Great week of practice, players are ****** off and expectations for the season haven't changed.
2. Tackling and line play will both be much improved against Iowa.
3. Admits play calling was bad (doubt he'll change who's calling plays, but I'd take it)
4. Richardson won't run the ball as much.
I would like to hear that all of the players are healthy and that its time to get fired up and win some games.
I want to hear that just before kickoff the entire team was kidnapped and held hostage by terrorists for 100 million dollars. One of the conditions for ransom was the media and police could not be tipped off, so a team was quickly scraped together from the student body and put on to the field to face UNI. Once word got to Knott (who was conviently in town) that the team was kidnapped, he went and single handidly kicked the terrorists ***** and saved the day. Unfortunately it was too late to get the actual players on the field to face UNI, and we lost the game. Any chance that's what we'll hear?
I would just like to hear these 10 things.
1. Wimberly will now be our #1 kickoff returner.
2. Luke Knott is now starting.
3. Jansen Watson will play.
4. Messingham and Coach sat down and discussed play calling and we've realized mistakes were made and we have worked tirelessly on fixing the play calling. We expect it to be better and actually make sense from this point forward.
5. QB Sam Richardson will not be running the ball as much, instead one of our 5 capable RB's will.
6. Wimberly will be utilized more, especially in the open field where his speed is deadly.
7. QB Sam Richardson now realizes when he needs to throw the ball away.
8. Our defense now understands what "Wrap Up" means.
9. Our DL now understands what "penetration" means and getting pressure on the QB.
10. Repeat #4.
If number 4 didn't happen sometime last year, then PR has failed. I feel like playcalling during a game is something that you either figure out in the first year or you don't. It's not like Mess is new to the game. I don't think there's any fixing to it.
I would guess if no change has been made, the Iowa game would have to be Messinghams last game playcalling with Sturdy and especially Klenakis on the staff. This should be his last shot. I doubt Rhoads would fire him, but switching playcalling duties would be perfectly reasonable.
Wouldn't taking away play calling from an OC being just like firing him expect you can't replace him with anybody?
Probably just make him "QB coach" with Klenakis being oline and OC?
All of us will have heard this same press conference before. It will be same questions with the same responses. "We had a tough loss and we're doing our best to bounce back and win against Iowa" will be the message. There's nothing else to say.