What are you looking for tomorrow?

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by BryceC, Jan 26, 2007.

1. BryceC

BryceC Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    I don’t think we’ll win, just putting that out there. There are two things I want to see happen though:

Consistent, strong effort. It seemed like the last few games when we weren’t hitting shots we couldn’t get back into the game emotionally. I want the guys to shake off the bad times and fight through it.

Not starting off slow. We’ve gotten in some big holes at the start of the half. I’m looking for them to go to Wesley or something to get some points on the board early. He provided that a lot earlier in the season and we seem to have gone away from that.

More than anything though, play hard cyclones and Go State.

2. kurimski

kurimski Member

Apr 11, 2006
    I'm looking for the Cyclones that came back against the tigers and the team that almost upset Kansas. Most of all I am looking for a W!

3. chuckd4735

chuckd4735 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Male
    MO/KS
    Strong starts to each half, and consistant play throughout the game, and ohh yeah...MADE FREE THROWS

4. bawbie

bawbie Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    I both Bryce and ChuckD.

Here's my three:
    1) Effort. We really didn't give the effort I expected in the last two games.

2) Get to the line and make free throws.

3) Return to rebounding prowress. We've lost some of the domination of the boards we had earlier in the year. Some of it has to do with better competition, but I think it also has to do with #1, conisistant effort.

5. Skyh13

Skyh13 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Yeah, unfortunately at this point, another "moral victory" isn't really going to do much more for us, it'll just be really frustrating. So I hope for the team that they can come out consistent and strong, and pull out a good one. Right now, that's what the team really needs to improve.

6. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

I am looking for a return to an offense that consistently runs sharp, recognizable plays. I feel like the kids have continued to give good effort in an unorganized manner. We need the defense to do the same with good man to man principles. Eventually they will get it, and it will stick.

7. aeroclone

aeroclone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2006
    I'm looking for the team that played KSU and Colorado to disappear and never return.

8. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    The game will be physical. Need Brock, Dodie, Ross, Corey to step up their roughness factor.

9. dbronco7sc

dbronco7sc Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2006
    Software Engineer
    Brookings, SD
    Yeah... I see us returning to a little bit of the guards shooting threes with Rahshon and Wes crashing the boards for the put back. When Jiri's in... we'll try to work it to him down low.

10. edenclone

edenclone Member

Oct 23, 2006
    After watching OSU the past couple of weeks, they aren't as great as I thought they were. They have three really good players that score a ton of points. If we can shut down one of them and rebound well and make the pace our own, I can see us pulling off a huge upset.

Not expecting to win at all, but I give us a better chance than I once did, even though we haven't played well lately.

11. HOTDON

HOTDON Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2006
    Fort Dodge, IA
    I want Taylor to string together a full 40 minutes and show that he is capable of carrying this team for the next season and a half. I want Clark to score some points that are not on a rebound dunk. Most of all I want to see a hungry team that want to play with a lead. Comebacks seem to our hallmark and that needs to change.

12. dinger

dinger Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Civil Engineer
    Dallas, TX
    theyre going to have to if we stand a chance. those osu cowboys practice with football pads on.

13. Prone2Clone

Prone2Clone Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Games at GIA have been an absolute disaster for as long as I can remember. If this game ends with OSU winning by less than a double digit margin, I still won't be happy, but I will be surprised.

14. hursts

hursts Active Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Clones will play one of their better games of the season, McDermott has had a week to prepare for this game. In the end, I think OSU will be too much and we will lose 68-64.

15. AirWalke

AirWalke Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Des Moines
    I think we'll see a surprising effort that will excede the efforts versus Missouri, Nebraska, and Kansas, and pull the upset on the road.

ISU 74-68

16. isuno1fan

isuno1fan Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Clive, Iowa
    Although I think we'll play better, OSU at GIA is too much for this young team unless all the stars magically align.

Good Effort but...

OSU 76
    ISU 62

17. ajk4st8

ajk4st8 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Ankeny
    Seeing Cory McIntosh missed the flight lol..

Dodie all the way

18. cstrunk

cstrunk Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Field Engineer
    Tyler, TX
    OSU 78 ISU 69.

19. DexterGreen

DexterGreen New Member

Mar 25, 2006
    Scenario writer for military training
    Hemau, Germany
    I think a #13 OSU by 12 at their place, during a game where they commemorate the "lost team" is as good as you can hope for.

That the men kept them to 62 appears to be a good sign.

Unfortunately, I don't think AFN will carry a rebroadcast of the game, so I won't see/hear it.