What are we saying Friday about our team

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by Knownothing, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Knownothing

Knownothing Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2006
    1. we suck
    2. look sluggish but at least we won
    3. we have a long way to go
    4. why did we run the draw on 3rd and 18.
    5. We have a good chance to compete with a lot of teams.

What is your opinion

2. Drive4cy

Drive4cy Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2006
    I'm hoping for #5 above anything. Although I see this team being a lot better in November, unlike Mac's teams which peak in the middle of September.

3. C.John

C.John Babysitting Debbie Downers
    Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Cubicle Dweller
    I doubt Chizik will allow #2 to happen. I'm sure he will have the team 'juiced up' and ready to go.:wink: Unfortunately, #3 may be typed more than once.:no:

4. cyclonenum1

cyclonenum1 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2006
    6. I think we can go to a decent bowl...why the hell did we keep McCarney for so damn long?!

5. Clonefan94

Clonefan94 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Male
    Graphic Designer
    Schaumburg, IL
    Even if we play out of this world tonight, I'll still be thinking we have a long way to go. Basically, this is one team. We'd still have a long way to go even if we are playing well. As much as my expectations are low. I keep thinking back to 2004 and how we still have a lot of those guys around. For as many low points we may have. We have a lot of experience in some key positions. I think with the right coaching this could turn out to be a very good football team. Heck, who thought we'd be going to a bowl at this same exact point in the 2004 season.

I'm not really saying we are going to a bowl for sure. Merely that there is a lot of potential on this team. And no matter what happens tonight we'll have a long way to go before we really know how this season will play out.

Really, I'm not looking at this game as an indicator game. This is just one of those games we need to get out of the way and hopefully it goes well for us. I really have faith enough that if Chizik is half the coach we thought he was when he was hired, we should be, at the very least, content tomorrow.

6. BryceC

BryceC Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    I think we'll be talking about big plays, something that didn't really get mentioned by Cyclone fans for the last few years unless it revolved around Blythe or they were happening to us.