NFL: ***Week 17 Thread***

Discussion in 'Pro Sports' started by jbindm, Dec 29, 2013.

1. jbindm

jbindm Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Des Moines
    Do or die for the Bears, Packers, Eagles and Cowboys. What's your team playing for today? My Colts are still playing for seeding - could go in as low as a four seed with a first round home game against KC or as high as a two seed with a first round bye if they beat the Jags and get some unlikely help.

2. JAB

JAB Member

Aug 25, 2013
    As a colts fan, I'm surprised they are still alive for first round bye given their performance since the loss of RW (except KC game). I agree an unlikely scenario - Pats loss and Ravens over Bengals. Barring a FRB, I don't want them to play the Chiefs again in the playoffs - would prefer scenario as No. 3 seed vs. Dolphins.

3. CycloneRulzzz

CycloneRulzzz Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Male
    Nevada, IA
    Love seeing so much on the line in week 17. We beat raiders and we lock up #1 seed. As for the division deciding games, I'm rooting for GB (only local team I don't dislike) and actually rooting for Cowboys with Orton as Qb.

4. jbindm

jbindm Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Des Moines
    They've been much better the last two weeks, but yeah, after their midseason doldrums they really have no business even being in the hunt for their two seed. If they can move up to the three seed I'd be good with seeing Miami or Baltimore coming in for a first round matchup. I want nothing to do with Chargers or Steelers though.

5. theantiAIRBHG

theantiAIRBHG Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    Hiawatha, IA
    Bears v Packers. COME ON 330!!!

6. jbindm

jbindm Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Des Moines
    Should be a cakewalk for Denver, but you never know with so many raiders players and coaches trying g to save their jobs today. This might be Terrelle Pryor's last really good chance to prove he's a viable starting qb, and someone with that kind of athleticism could make just enough plays to keep things interesting.

7. CRcyclone6

CRcyclone6 Well-Known Member
    Bookie

Dec 27, 2007
    Male
    Recruiting
    Cedar Rapids
    Vikes playing to keep Lions out of the playoffs....oh wait. Nevermind. Bye Bye Metrodome

8. jbindm

jbindm Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Des Moines
    Lions are playing for Schwartz, maybe. Or maybe they've going to **** the bed and make sure he gets fired.

9. IcSyU

IcSyU Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Rochester, MN
    I can't believe the Lions management (if what's been reported is true) is leaning towards keeping Schwartz. Get a coach in there who knows what the hell he's doing and they're a playoff team.

Both coaches in the Metrodome today should be unemployed tomorrow.

10. MLawrence

MLawrence Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Fox just showed a guy from the Minnesota/Detroit game holding sign that said, "Well... At lest the dome made the Super Bowl."

11. jbindm

jbindm Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Des Moines
    You have to look at the history of the Lions ownership. This is the same outfit that kept Matt Millen around for eight(!) atrocious years and then promoted his right hand man to GM after they finally got around to dumping him. The Ford family is notoriously loyal and patient. It's too bad for Lions fans, becasue you know who would be a tremendous head coach there? Lovie Smith. All that talent in the defensive front seven plus his knowledge of the NFC North...add a competent offensive coordinator and imagine what they could do.

12. CycloneRulzzz

CycloneRulzzz Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Male
    Nevada, IA
    Cassel misses a wide open Jared Allen, then throws a pick. LOL!

13. heitclone

heitclone Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Male
    Recreation Therapist
    Malvern, IA
    Do any of these early games impact playoffs?

14. Mr Janny

Mr Janny Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
    Staff Member Bookie

Mar 27, 2006
    all of them except Det vs. Min

15. jbindm

jbindm Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Des Moines
    #15 jbindm, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
    And Houston vs. Tennessee. But if you want to see Matt Schaub in a Texans uniform or Chris Johnson in Titans colors one last time, here's your chance. Also, the Texans clinch the #1 overall pick with a loss.

Edit: And the Giants/Redskins debacle. Might be fun to watch just in case Snyder decides he can't wait and fires Shanahan at halftime.

16. jbindm

jbindm Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Des Moines
    Flacco's getting beat up by the Bengals D. Looks like his bad knee is severely limiting his ability to move around in the pocket. We could see Tyrod Taylor in the second half if the Ravens decide to play it safe and think long term with their big investment.

17. ISUFan22

ISUFan22 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Healthcare IT Project Manager
    Denver, CO
    Tied in Cinncy and Jets up 7 on Miami and driving - Chargers are not dead yet especially playing a Chiefs team with nothing to play for.

18. jbindm

jbindm Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Des Moines
    Ugh, I hate this. The last person I want to see walking onto the field in Lucas Oil Stadium is Phillip Rivers with that crazy *** look on his face.

19. ISUFan22

ISUFan22 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Healthcare IT Project Manager
    Denver, CO
    Steelers still alive too with the way things are shaking out so far.

20. jbindm

jbindm Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Des Moines
    They'd be a dangerous six seed too. Old as hell but lots of postseason experience on that roster and coaching staff.