We will beat UNI...don't panic

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by ketelmeister, Aug 31, 2007.

1. ketelmeister

ketelmeister Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2006
    I got grilled in my thread this week saying we should not take Kent State lightly. Now the point is not to have a full fledged panic attack. I believe we will beat UNI next week in a sparkling comeback for Meyer and Iowa State. In fact, the score won't be that close. We'll see tremendous improvement over this weeks game. That doesn't make us world beaters, but respectable going into the Iowa game.
    Ketel

2. twojman

twojman Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Clive
    If UNI keeps the score within 14, ISU will be lucky to get 3 wins this season.

3. jakemcilroy

jakemcilroy Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    People who think there is no way we can lose to UNI need to stop posting. It shows your ignorance. We can lose, we can blow them out. All are possible.

4. sdillon500

sdillon500 Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2006
    northern california
    Damn, I love the optimism, but I have to admit I'm a little worried. Luckily, it's a long week w/plenty of time to prepare. I'm giving the entire team a mulligan for last week, and looking at UNI as the first game of the season. Kent State was a chance to execute the new system in live game, and hopefully some kinks will be worked out by next saturday.

5. ketelmeister

ketelmeister Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2006
    I said we'd beat UNI, Iowa will be another story. With their HUGE offensive line, their QB will have unlimited time to find a receiver. Even a third-string QB can do well under those conditions.

6. Incyte

Incyte Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2007
    That makes no sense in light of the fact we beat them by 2 last year and still won 4 games.

7. Erik4Cy

Erik4Cy Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Male
    Home Mortgage
    Urbandale, IA
    We COULD have beaten Kent State but we didn't. One correct change here or there, one right call here or there, FG that goes in here or there, etc. and we could have won that game. I think we have the same chance of beating UNI, it will come down to us executing the gameplan whether or not we win or lose, but we can't take UNI lightly either, TRUST ME - UNI will be ready to play.

8. cycloneryan

cycloneryan Well-Known Member

May 21, 2006
    Financial Analyst
    Des Moines
    Anyone who thinks we will blow past UNI is not all there. They have talent at all the skill positions and a qb that is better than ours. Dont be too cocky for no reason. Don't forget that they outplayed us last year and we won by inches.

9. bellzisu

bellzisu Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Agriculture
    Norwalk

Well... I hope UNI won't be tougher.... They had their hands full last night with Mn St. That too was a very close game through 3 qrts. Didn't see what the final was.

By the way... Mn St is located in Mankato and I dont think they are a scholie team.

Ok... 20-14 through three quarters. Uni pulls away late because probably more depth and players.

I posted this in a different thread but seriously did anyone else notice that UNI had there hands full for 3 qrts against a team that didnt' deserve to be on the same field as UNI.

10. 4429 mcc

4429 mcc Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Wall Street
    Question-who knows the last time ISU was in the top 25, what position?

11. 'Clones Fan

'Clones Fan Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Minneapolis, MN
    We cannot take UNI lightly. I would love to see the defensive line step to the plate and push the o-line of UNI around. There were times that the defensive line looked good in pressure, but for hte most part, they were subpar.

12. jdoggivjc

jdoggivjc Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2006
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Or if the O-line doesn't get called for false starts on two critical occasions maybe those two drives go for touchdowns and we're looking at a 14-0 lead. We'd be looking at an entirely different situation, with Kent St on the ropes early. Yeah, that didn't happen, but it's speculation.

13. cloneu

cloneu Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2007
    Financial Analyst
    Urbandale
    Oct. 1st 2005 Ranked 23rd

14. brianhos

brianhos Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Computer geek
    Trenchtown
    Guys, UNI is good this year, they should contend for the national title. I am freaking scared.

15. cloneu

cloneu Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2007
    Financial Analyst
    Urbandale
    They have a lot of the same people they did last year. It will be tough. A good test for our defense.

16. alaskaguy

alaskaguy Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Moving Forward to UNI

UNI was playing their first football game of the 2007 season last evening. They ended up downing Minnesota State 41-7. Granted UNI isn't a Division 1 team, but nevertheless, they won by a wide margin.

Although Iowa State doesn't have the talent to overlook any team, is UNI considered the softest team on this year's schedule?

17. Howie3310

Howie3310 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Student
    We should not have taken Kent State lightly, you are correct ket.

They are a better team than people know. All the EIU fans here are like "YOU LOST TO KENT STATE?!?!?"

Kent State could give the squawks a run for their money.

18. Ames

Ames Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Re: Moving Forward to UNI

Interesting. Last I checked UNI was in fact a D1 football team.

19. pcyclonatrist

pcyclonatrist Member

Aug 22, 2006
    I hope Kent State goes 12-0 this year and gets into a BCS bowl!

20. dustinal

dustinal Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Re: Moving Forward to UNI

I'm pretty sure alaskaguy meant UNI isn't a D1-A team.

Either way, it would be wrong to overlook them under ANY circumstances, let alone knowing they're one of the best in D1-AA and an in-state rival.