Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MissouriCyclone, Nov 6, 2011.

1. 1100011CS

1100011CS Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Marshalltown
    Even the backest of back country hillbillies don't talk like that. It's just one of those things you have to go with

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. CycloneWarning

CycloneWarning Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Agree. It does seem nonsensical and it is 100% irritating, but TWD has us talking about it, so maybe it serves its purpose.

I just assume that Jadis came to power and initiated the stupid shorthand talk (or the leader before her). The community has become cult-like and everyone dresses like her and talks like her now, which is marginally believable.

3. Cyclones_R_GR8

Cyclones_R_GR8 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Omaha
    I kind of felt the same way.

4. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Male
    Ankeny
    Side bar:

Everyone gushes over Love Actually being this timeless romantic movie. That movie pisses me off to insane levels.

@cmjh10 Since you are unaware of the film it portrays several different relationships all around Christmas. Everyone thinks it's one of the most romantic movies ever but it drives me nuts.

The "Love Triangle" portion of the movie is maddening. If you actually care about her, then do something about it or shut up. Don't half ass it and leave their relationship up in the air.

The relationship with the Portuguese housekeeper is kind of cute, but communication is one of the most important aspects of a real relationship. It's romantic that they fall in love without it, but also kind of naive.

I absolutely can not stand to see Alan Rickman (RIP) as that contemptuous dill hole. The way he treats his wife makes me want to vomit.

The Hugh Grant portion is actually enjoyable.

While the portion with Sam the drummer boy is cute, that kid is way too serious about a girl for his age.

The Laura Linney portion is just depressing. I guess it's somewhat realistic though

The part with the softcore adult film actors is actually pretty funny.

And I guess the Billy Mack portion is amusing

So 3 out of the 8 stories are worthwhile.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hawkmi1987

Hawkmi1987 Active Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Male
    I don't think they know how to fight. At the end of the last episode they were upset because Rick and company didn't clean the guns. "You don't expect us to." I think there is significance in that line, not because they are pissed that they have to clean the guns, but because they have no idea how to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. cyhiphopp

Jan 9, 2009
    Male
    Ankeny
    Good point. They act like morons and maybe it's not an act. They have numbers but they might be completely useless in a fight accept as bullet sponges and to distract the Saviors from Rick and Co, who will actually be the ones getting the job done.

7. CycloneWarning

CycloneWarning Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2008
    idk. They might be morons. But contrast that against the fact they set the boat trap, were playing the long game of just watching and waiting, followed Rick/Aaron back to Alex successfully, kidnapped Gabriel successfully and made him steal ALL the food, then captured Rick and crew when they went looking for Gabriel. Not too bad for morons.

It may be just as likely when Negan goes down, that this group decides to try and subjugate Rick and crew.

8. cyhiphopp

Jan 9, 2009
    Male
    Ankeny
    Possibly. They seem to think pretty highly of their numbers and their organization.
    Did they set the boat trap? Or did they just use the existing boat trap as a test. It seemed like it was set up by someone with a larger vocabulary, like a previous leader or something.

9. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Male
    Project Manager
    North DFW, TX
    My theory on why they talk this way: it might be the result of extreme mental trauma from the zombie apocalypse? Just spit balling here.

10. Cyclones_R_GR8

Feb 10, 2007
    Omaha
    I don't think they set the boat trap. I think they just watched it waiting for someone else to figure out how to get to the boat.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. bos

bos Legend
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Network and Server Admini

Yeah, I swear they said something in an earlier episode reflecting just that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. BirdOfWar

BirdOfWar Active Member

May 3, 2010
    Ankeny, IA
    I remember it that way too. We never did find out the person who is wearing those boots they showed a couple times? The person that was watching Rick and Alex gets everything off the boat. I don't remember seeing the lady in charge wearing those unless I missed it.

13. cyhiphopp

Jan 9, 2009
    Male
    Ankeny
    I wondered about that as well. That person has to be affiliated with the Trash Heap though. Because that's how they pulled Gabriel into this. Is it some sort of behind the scenes leader who is pulling the strings from afar?

14. cyhiphopp

Jan 9, 2009
    Male
    Ankeny
    And no one in Ricks group or the Saviors has had similar trauma? Hell, Negan is one of the more loquacious and expressive speakers on the show.

15. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Male
    Project Manager
    North DFW, TX
    I know. I was just thinking of how some people (in all fairness, mostly kids) who experience trauma don't speak anymore. Of course, a large group of people with the same issue getting together is very unlikely. I would go with the main lady being eccentric and the rest just being in a cult-like state/vow of silence?

16. VTXCyRyD

VTXCyRyD Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Male
    My guess is when this all started going down they were middle/high school kids on a short bus field trip to the landfill. The walker in the pit was either their bus driver or teacher. They felt safe at the dump so they decided to stay.

17. Cyclones_R_GR8

Feb 10, 2007
    Omaha
    Yea, but he's the one inflicting the trauma.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cyclones_R_GR8

Feb 10, 2007
    Omaha
    No, they knew the boat was there and that it had supplies. They just had someone watching it waiting for someone else to figure out how to get through zombie lake. They mentioned that when they first met.

19. cyhiphopp

Jan 9, 2009
    Male
    Ankeny
    Ms Frizzle? Oh no!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. ImJustKCClone

ImJustKCClone Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Professional Pongid Pundit
    traipsing thru the treetops
    It's worth it just to see Hugh dancing at #10 Downing, and shutting down Billy Bob. :)