Vulgarity in College Basketball

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by EggMcClone, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Grant Wahl wrote a really good piece (as usual) on vulgarity and taunting in college basketball. Worth a read considering some of these issues have been discussed re: ISU.
    SI.com - Writers - Grant Wahl: Vulgarity and taunting by college basketball fans. How much is too much? - Tuesday February 26, 2008 11:58AM
    A couple of quotes:

2. isucy86

isucy86 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Bob Knight Has His Negatives

But I was at an early season Indiana/Temple game a few years back and the refs made a "bad" call against the Hoosiers. Hoosier fans (mostly students) started to chant "bull $&^*" during the ensuing timeout. Coach Knight grabbed the mic and let the crowd know that chant wasn't acceptable at Hoosier games.

Never did hear the chant the rest of the year.

3. ajk4st8

ajk4st8 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Ankeny
    Bob Knight rules.

4. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    I thought this was a **** Vitale post. The poor guy.

5. whirlybirds

whirlybirds Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Knoxville, IA
    dont like the words you here at a cyclone home game (or any other teams home game) dont send your kids to public school then. your child will here far worse there.........

6. oskyclone

oskyclone Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Bartender
    Altoona
    Some of those were definitely over the line. 30 phone calls and death threats? are you kidding me? People throwing stuff? That's stupid. But the Maryland gag I thought was good or the wanted posters, but that may just be the college student in me.

7. ajk4st8

ajk4st8 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Ankeny
    The Illannoy fans during that game were WAY over the line. EG's family was there.. mom, dad, brother I think and they had crap getting THROWN at them.

Maybe Illannoy fans should start to realize their once solid team is now the joke of the worst conf on the planet.

8. Go2Guy

Go2Guy Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Chemical Engineer
    Houston, TX
    Remember the good 'ol days when fans (including my 'Clones) would bring cap guns to the games vs Mizzou to heckle Steve Stipanovich??

9. balken

balken Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Go2Guy - I like the contrast between your post and the signature from Geoffroy.