Alert: VERY IMPORTANT: All CF users please read

Naughtius

Oct 27, 2010
Central IA
If I can't post funny pictures anymore my posts per day is going to decrease dramatically, and that can not happen. We must assemble the finest team of internet picture lawyers the world has ever seen.

I just copyrighted (copywrote?) your avatar.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Was it Clones21 that alerted Getty? You know he's a policeman...

Want me to punch him in the stomach C Willy?
richard-kiel-mr-larson-in-happy-gilmore_display_image.jpg

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Ha ha....no. I can only imagine how many face plants I'd have to do.

You posted a gif awhile back about a tv crew dancing in the underwear. I would like to see you play all of the roles in that with the appropriate number of people/yous. I'm sure you know some fancy editing techniques.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
You posted a gif awhile back about a tv crew dancing in the underwear. I would like to see you play all of the roles in that with the appropriate number of people/yous. I'm sure you know some fancy editing techniques.

I was thinking of doing my best Kate Upton gif impression. Followed shortly thereafter by a permaban.

iahawkhunter

Apr 17, 2010
Huxley, IA
This case perhaps? Viacom International Inc. v. YouTube, Inc. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This one is still under appeal. The Wikipedia article makes it sound that the hang-up is based on how much infringement was known by the YouTube employees. Safe Harbor protection requires (I think) that the provider (YouTube, or CF in our case) not be aware of the infringement until the copyright holder makes them aware of it. Apparently there were emails between YouTube employees talking about infringement that was not being dealt with, and this opens YouTube to potential liability.

Update: YouTube won the appeal today, but Viacom has vowed to appeal again.

Court hands another defeat to Viacom in never-ending YouTube lawsuit | Ars Technica

Help Support Us

Become a patron