Uthoff Freed From resitrictions

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Let's just say Ryan is telling the truth that JU wouldn't talk to him about this. I actually understand his side. As a coach, I would like to know why the kid is leaving both from a personal standpoint and from the standpoint of getting better as a coach. How he did it may have been wrong, but if the kid absolutely will not speak to you, I don't have a problem with trying to get some dialogue going.

None of that is to say that's how it went down.

I agree completely. If this was the plan all along, why didn't Wisconsin just come out and say it? Terrible PR... Kinda like Iowa's recent press problems.

LostinIowaCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 15, 2011
Ames, IA

After reading this story, I think I can kind of see what happened (or what I think happened). My guess is that Ryan was taken by complete surprise that Uthoff was transferring and then reacted extremely poorly to the whole situation. He got defensive and started blocking other schools. Only after the whole thing blew up in Ryan's face was he forced to back down.

Honestly, the whole story is a black eye for Ryan, but if he has a good year or two, no one is going to remember this.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
After reading this story, I think I can kind of see what happened (or what I think happened). My guess is that Ryan was taken by complete surprise that Uthoff was transferring and then reacted extremely poorly to the whole situation. He got defensive and started blocking other schools. Only after the whole thing blew up in Ryan's face was he forced to back down.

Honestly, the whole story is a black eye for Ryan, but if he has a good year or two, no one is going to remember this.

This is really the exception to Ryan's character. All of the media, including national love Bo - outside of the intense criticism of this particular event.