USMNT vs. Argentina (3/26)

Discussion in 'Pro Sports' started by ianoconnor, Mar 26, 2011.

1. ianoconnor

ianoconnor Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Male
    Urbandale
    Match is tonight at 6pm. Who else will be watching?

For anyone interested, the Des Moines American Outlaws will be watching at Victor's in Urbandale:

AO Des Moines

COME GET A FREE BEER!

[​IMG]

2. shagcarpetjesus

shagcarpetjesus Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2006
    I'll be watching at a pub here in Phoenix. I'm excited for the match, but bummed about Stu Holden's injury. The guy just can't seem to catch a break. But if the U.S. has a position where they can overcome an injury it is definitely in the midfield. I would like to see Bradley get Ream and Agudelo into the match today to see how they play against a world class side.

3. tim_redd

tim_redd Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Ankeny
    I'd go if it weren't on at the same time as basketball tonight.

4. tim_redd

tim_redd Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Ankeny
    I think we'll see a more veteran side for the game tonight, and a younger squad for the game v Paraguay on Tuesday.

5. ianoconnor

Nov 11, 2007
    Male
    Urbandale
    Yea, I was actually watching the Bolton v Man United match where Holden got destroyed... such a brutal challenge. I feel really bad for him. He seems to have a great attitude about it from following him on Twitter, so I'm sure he'll fight back once again.

6. Clones33

Clones33 Member

Jan 15, 2009
    WDM, IA
    Even more reason to go. I'm sure we could get 1 of the TVs to show the bball game.

7. ianoconnor

Nov 11, 2007
    Male
    Urbandale
    Yea, they'll definitely have basketball on too.

8. shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
    I don't doubt this at all and I'm not necessarily saying that they should start. I still think it would be a good idea though to get a look at both Ream and Agudelo against Argentina as second half subs. I think both could be important members of this summer's Gold Cup squad and some limited minutes against a quality side could be important as both a measuring stick and as incentive.

9. jdoggivjc

jdoggivjc Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2006
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Wonder if they'll be wearing their new "red" jerseys today:

[​IMG]

10. ianoconnor

Nov 11, 2007
    Male
    Urbandale
  11. cycloneace55

cycloneace55 Member

Nov 22, 2006
    Mfg. Engineer
    Gardena, CA
    I will be watching, Stu Holden always seems to get injured before a big international match. It would be nice to see how he would play with Bradley in the middle. I just hope to see our younger defenders develop before the next WC.

12. jbclone10

jbclone10 Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Denver, CO
  13. shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
    I'm all about taking it slow with promising young players, but you can't argue the point that the US looked like a completely different team once they subbed Agudelo in the second half. His goal was admittedly pretty fluky, but the US squad as a whole took on a completely different look once he entered the match. And Chandler had something to do with the change as well. Timmy looked like a real threat from the right back position and made things happen in the second half.