Not open for further replies.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Reason I'm asking so much is because tomorow me and a buddy are coming up to ames to get some stuff before thanksgiving and then checking that area out. So really we just have to watch out for the crazy hillbilly then?

We went there once during the day, and he was out tending the ditches, about 200 yards east of the memorial, so we rolled down the window and said, "excuse me sir, do you know what the building up the road is", and he looked away from us and screamed "get out of here". We got out of there. I doubt he'll be out there tomorrow though, this was in April 04 (it was pretty nice out that day).

JDDCy

Jul 1, 2006
I wonder if the guy that farms around that place makes sure he finishes up before dark? Creepy.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
We went there once during the day, and he was out tending the ditches, about 200 yards east of the memorial, so we rolled down the window and said, "excuse me sir, do you know what the building up the road is", and he looked away from us and screamed "get out of here". We got out of there. I doubt he'll be out there tomorrow though, this was in April 04 (it was pretty nice out that day).

What if he's a member of this site and now he knows everyone is going to be coming by to check it out and he sets a bunch of traps? :wideeyed:

Oh, and someone should tell Google they need to take their street view camera out there. :smile:

lizzie

Oct 30, 2006
Colorado
I too have had a serious run in with the crazy guy at the "House"... the guy will chase you and he is insane. We knocked on the neighbor's door one day and asked them about it. They told us to stay away becuase the guy is mentally unstable. I was lucky enough to end up with one of his crazy signs to decorate my dorm room with!

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I too have had a serious run in with the crazy guy at the "House"... the guy will chase you and he is insane. We knocked on the neighbor's door one day and asked them about it. They told us to stay away becuase the guy is mentally unstable. I was lucky enough to end up with one of his crazy signs to decorate my dorm room with!

That wouldn't have anything to do with why he was chasing you though, would it? :biggrin:

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
What if he's a member of this site and now he knows everyone is going to be coming by to check it out and he sets a bunch of traps? :wideeyed:

Oh, and someone should tell Google they need to take their street view camera out there. :smile:

HA! I have serious doubts this guy has ever even heard of the internet...

lizzie

Oct 30, 2006
Colorado
He wasn't around the night I ended up getting the "PARK" sign...but I do think he started to remember the car after we drove by almost daily to see what he was up to.

It is the wierdest thing I have ever seen. We even made it up into the gate and by the crazy playhouse thing. VERY CREEPY!!!

Longhorns3131

Oct 22, 2008

Lets do everybody a favor and get this guy commited. Does anybody know anything about his wife? or did he eat her?

This guy sounds like somebody of the silence of the lambs

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
What does this memorial thing look like? This thread has me intrigued.

lizzie

Oct 30, 2006
Colorado
We thought he slept in the white van parked in the driveway across the street from the "House". He is a tall older guy with long hair and a beard. He guards the "House"...the neighbor also told us that it is his "vision"?

lizzie

Oct 30, 2006
Colorado
There are signs leading up to the "House" along the road that say things like PARK, FLOWER, PLACE, etc. Then the "House" itself has this big gate with more signs on it. Inside the gate is the playhouse looking building painted all these bright colors. The playhouse has windows, a deck and even a moat around it. Couln't figure how to get in. Then the yard around it is surronded by all these little buildings that look like outhouses.

It is so hard to explain because it is just WIERD!

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
There are signs leading up to the "House" along the road that say things like PARK, FLOWER, PLACE, etc. Then the "House" itself has this big gate with more signs on it. Inside the gate is the playhouse looking building painted all these bright colors. The playhouse has windows, a deck and even a moat around it. Couln't figure how to get in. Then the yard around it is surronded by all these little buildings that look like outhouses.

It is so hard to explain because it is just WIERD!

QFT. You just have to go see it to believe it. It's unlike anything I've ever seen.

lizzie

Oct 30, 2006
Colorado
Yes it is on the Boone side of town, but this place is just NOT NORMAL! No matter where it is it's just the strangest thing. We used to explain it as a twisted funhouse.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
There's a neat little tunnel in the basement of Music Hall that I believe comes out behind the stage in the Recital Hall. There used to be a bunch of old musical accessories stored in the nooks and crannies of said tunnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.