Uniform Ideas

Discussion in 'Football' started by jkclone, Dec 18, 2013.

1. jkclone

jkclone Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Male
    Student & Iowa State Fan
    Urbandale
    I had posted about the possibility of new uniforms with the new South Endzone Expansion Project. I came up with some ideas and wondered what people thought.

Uniform 1.jpeg Uniform 2.jpeg Home Uniform
    Uniform 3.jpeg Uniform 4.jpeg Away Uniform
    Uniform 5.jpeg Uniform 6.jpeg Alternates Uniform
    Uniform 7.jpeg Helmet
    Uniform 8.jpeg Other Idea for Helmet

2. ISUCyclones2015

ISUCyclones2015 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Bring back the gold from the Jack Trice Uniforms. Red top, the throwback gold bottom, leave it for 20 years (if we don't do crazy uniforms like Oregon)

3. bringmagicback

bringmagicback Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Marketing
    CF Resident Dog Lover
    so with the new endzone we are going to stop using our new logo? great idea.

4. cydoge

cydoge Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Ankeny
    I would hope if we change uniforms we do something a little better than what can be made on EA's teambuilder....
    I would like to see the jack trice uni with current colors though.

5. capitalcityguy

capitalcityguy Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Male
    Des Moines
    Some nice ideas, except the helmet. Why would we use an expired logo? I-State is here to stay...at least as long as Pollard is around.

6. jkclone

Jan 21, 2013
    Male
    Student & Iowa State Fan
    Urbandale
    The I State logo just doesn't work for a helmet logo. The logo I used is our current alternate/secondary logo. It is the same as the old twirly logo just without the blue. I made the whole team if you want to look it up. (http://www.easports.com/teambuilder14#/school/2306196871:1387392418) As it shows the I State is still the primary logo and still in the middle of the field. It is also the logo on the shoulders. The only place the other logo is on the helmet, and that is because I don't think the I State one works on a helmet.

If you're talking about the ones we wore against Iowa I do like that as an alternate. Maybe those would be our homecoming jerseys.

7. Kagavi

Kagavi Active Member

This is incorrect. Twirly Cy was phased out with the introduction of the new Walking Cy logo that so many on here hate. It is true that Twirly stuck around for a while with the I-STATE logo introduction, but they quietly shoved him out the door a while later. These are the only current marks for the Athletics program: Athletics Identity Marks : Trademark Licensing Office

8. everyyard

everyyard Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Male
    there is not going to be a cartoon on our helmet anymore. really.

9. jkclone

Jan 21, 2013
    Male
    Student & Iowa State Fan
    Urbandale
    Maybe this is old now but someone posted this yesterday.
    http://www.cyclones.com/pdf3/91103.pdf

If they did phase it out they should bring it back. I liked it originally but it looks ridiculously good when they took out the blue. I think that this one mascot-fullbody.jpg would be better if you could figure out how to get it on the helmet. If not that one then this one head.jpg

10. abe2010

abe2010 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Student
    State Center, IA
    the problem with the new walking cy is it looks like: images.jpg

11. TXCyclones

TXCyclones Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    TX
  12. cobraclone71

cobraclone71 Active Member

Jan 3, 2011
    These. Threads. Must. End.

13. kyle22kjs

kyle22kjs Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Personally... I think this helmet would be a good change

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. mtowncyclone13

mtowncyclone13 Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2012
    grundy center
  15. MNCyGuy

MNCyGuy Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Des Moines
    Reminds me way too much of those Maryland abominations.

16. surly

surly Active Member

May 16, 2013
    writing, trolling
    reservation lake, mn
    i-state is not a bad idiom. kansas state university is k-state athletically.

and i really like the walking cy. said that yesterday and that i thought it should be on your unies. much better than the bird in a blender. but i don't have a dog in the fight, only an objective opine.

17. surly

surly Active Member

May 16, 2013
    writing, trolling
    reservation lake, mn
    i-state is not a bad idiom. kansas state university is k-state athletically.

and i really like the walking cy. said that yesterday and that i thought it should be on your unies to make them distinctive. much better than the bird in a blender. but i don't have a dog in the fight, only an objective opine.

18. SenorCy

SenorCy Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2010
    C.J.
    No. Our current uniforms may be a on Ole Miss/LSU ripoff (Not USC, shoulder stripes are different) but at least they look classy. The unnecessary pinstripes were cool 10 years ago when Nike decided to put them in as many designs as they could, but not now. Gold helmet should have a gray facemask and white helmet should have a white one. The red facemasks look tacky. The only things that should be changed about our uniforms is wearing the cardinal pants on the road occasionally, adding a white helmet, and possibly a gold one with the walking Cy like the one below.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. JohnnyFive

JohnnyFive Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Holy ugly

20. ISUCY23

ISUCY23 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Ames
    Like others have said, keep the same uniform but use the Jack Trice throwback colors.