Uniform colors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DaddyMac, Sep 5, 2008.

1. DaddyMac

DaddyMac Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Ok - before anyone jumps down my throat about this, I want to say I love the new fb unis. Love them.

But I've noticed on www.cyclones.com lately that the other sports uniforms (volleyball & soccer most notably) are a much darker, almost maroon color.

Has anyone attended these events and can speak to the color? I know that computer settings and such affect the color rendering. But on the website this evening is a pic of a soccer player and a picture next to it of the fb unis. And they are drastically different colors. I noticed this earlier in the week with a volleyball uniform as well. Has me a little concerned about the bball unis.

2. theshadow

theshadow Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Different lighting
    Different cameras
    Different fabrics

3. zach

zach Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2006
    The Subs
    As Theshadow indicates, there are many things that affect color. Our previous school colors were affected by different conditions such as materials, light and substrates but no one paid attention as much we all do today with the new look. Most inks and dyes are metameric...for every color… and computer monitors are a whole different story.i.e.There has always been a difference in inks and dyes, just with the recent changes people are being more critical and noticing variances that have always been there...

I would guess that most if not all of our jerseys for all sports will be very close to the current new colors… The variance will be no greater than in the past, just perhaps noticed more by the present changes because people are aware of the change…

Z

4. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Tucson, AZ
  5. DaddyMac

DaddyMac Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
  6. ISUinOR

ISUinOR Member

Nov 8, 2007
    Portland, OR
    I've noticed that too. The color looks much more like A&M than an ISU cardinal.

7. Aaron Jacobs

Aaron Jacobs Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Job Hunting
    Robins, IA
    You also have to realize colors appear different when they are next to other colors. The volleyball uniforms have a lot of white next to the cardinal making it look darker.