UNI ISU game on Cyclones TV and Medicom?

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
I was told Peppers in Cedar Falls will have the game.

Correct, they carry both Mediacom and Directv. Unfortunately, I won't be able to go their. I'll only be able to be at a place with Directv, any chance they will carry it?

ZachsterPoke

Jan 4, 2010
Correct, they carry both Mediacom and Directv. Unfortunately, I won't be able to go their. I'll only be able to be at a place with Directv, any chance they will carry it?
Unless DirecTV carries it's competitor's, Mediacom's channels (or, more realistically, the bar pays for a Cyclones.tv online subscription), no.

Last edited:

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Unless DirecTV carries Mediacom channels (or the bar pays for a Cyclones.tv online subscription), no.
DirecTV doesn't carry Mediacom channels. They are competitors. Selling the rights to DirecTV would defeat the whole purpose of the Cyclone channel on Mediacom. The idea is to drive viewers TO Mediacom.

ZachsterPoke

Jan 4, 2010
DirecTV doesn't carry Mediacom channels. They are competitors. Selling the rights to DirecTV would defeat the whole purpose of the Cyclone channel on Mediacom. The idea is to drive viewers TO Mediacom.

... you do realize not everything is completely serious on the Internet, right?

Serious business over here, guys.

ISU_Clone_28

Mar 27, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Hopefully I won't have any issues getting it out here in the Phoenix/Mesa AZ area. Quite a few Cyclone games get played out here so I hope I don't have any issues. If so I might just have to stream it.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Hopefully I won't have any issues getting it out here in the Phoenix/Mesa AZ area. Quite a few Cyclone games get played out here so I hope I don't have any issues. If so I might just have to stream it.

Unless you have mediacomm cable in Mesa, you are going to have to stream it.

TyClone

Aug 11, 2011
Clarion, IA
On one hand, I'm happy that I can at least watch the game via Internet hooked up to my TV and that ISU has it's own channel with Mediacom. BUT, Mediacom blows and it's impossible for rural fans to get it.
I'll admit, I envy the Big Ten Network (a small degree) with the wide viewing range it offers. You know all bars will have it and you know it'll be in HD.

Redman97

Jul 31, 2011
Iowa City
The guy on the phone at Peppers made it sound like they'd bought a Cyclones.tv subscription to show the game. I've been told wrong before, though.

I was in Bozeman, Montana last year for the ISU/Iowa game. Had called ahead to the bar to see if they had the Big Ten Network. Yep, she said, but they did not. It took going to this resort/ranch bar quite a ways away to catch the last ten minutes. Saw the Knott interception, so that was good.

johnnydugouts

Jan 11, 2013
Might want to make sure peppers bought the isu subscription because my brother (uni grad) told me that the uni feed will not be hi Def. They will simulcast the cyclones.tv SD feed