U2 to release new album in early 2011

HerkyKiller

Aug 14, 2010
Ames
Because I dont need to make a lot of money to be happy. And I dont care how much money they make, I dont like them.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Take that times about 100 concerts a year. And i even said, sometimes even more then 25,000 people.

Ok, lets go on the false pretense that U2 is putting on a live sold out show, 100 times a year, every year. Using 25,000 as an average amount per show, that comes out to be 2.5 million people that see U2 live every year.

Now take 2.5 million and divide it by 7 billion. Roughly .0003%.

Take those numbers over a 25 year span of doing 100 shows per year with 25,000 attendees average, with of course no one ever seeing U2 twice (because seriously, who the hell would want to) and you come out with a total of .008% of the worlds population that has actually taken the time out of their day to go see U2 live. Close to half though, you're about right.

I am really bored at work.

Last edited:

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
You've been around bad music too long.
Again, thats your opinion. Once you get a band together and your having fun and you hit a record deal. Its all business from there. Thats why most of these bands you see dont sign with a record company, because they see what goes down while your in one. Your *** is owned once you sign the dotted line.

spredonia

Oct 17, 2010
I'm a huge U2 fan so i'm giddy about them getting another album out. They are probably my favorite band of all time. Bono is genius.

U2 to release new album in 'early 2011'

Here is a taste of what it will be like:
YouTube - U2- Winter

where do I shove the pistol down my throut after Bono gets elected President to the International Monetary Fund... I'll pass it to the left for more

...1980 at "Thunbs Up" was U-2'S peak as far as I'm Concerned(yeh ... saw it) ... now I hope they are burnin in a Marxist hell...

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Yes, I know how bad music works.

Good music doesnt sell out.
Maybe some people think the music you listen to sucks. I respect all music though. They are all out working hard and doing what they like. You may hate them, but should have respect for what they do. If there was no U2 or DMB then there probably wouldnt be some of the bands you listen to.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Again, thats your opinion. Once you get a band together and your having fun and you hit a record deal. Its all business from there. Thats why most of these bands you see dont sign with a record company, because they see what goes down while your in one. Your *** is owned once you sign the dotted line.

And thats why most of those bands stay broke and unable to pay their rent. You're right though, Indy bands don't sign contracts because they want to keep it real, not because they aren't talented/marketable enough to make a label the $$$.

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
This is great news considering I bought tickets to see the June 2010 show back in August 2009 and the show is going to be May 2011. Considering they will have a new album out, I'm sure they will play twice as long since they've been holding my money for an extra year.

For all the bashing U2 is getting in this thread, to each his own, but they put on a great "show". If I want to go see a rock concert, I'll go see someone else.

HerkyKiller

Aug 14, 2010
Ames
Maybe some people think the music you listen to sucks. I respect all music though. They are all out working hard and doing what they like. You may hate them, but should have respect for what they do. If there was no U2 or DMB then there probably wouldnt be some of the bands you listen to.

None of the bands I listen to are influenced by DMB or U2.

HerkyKiller

Aug 14, 2010
Ames
Go ahead and make a list. I'm not going to make fun of you. I respect every little thing a musician does.
Too many to list, but some of my favorites are:

The Flaming Lips
The Brian Jonestown Massacre
The Beatles
Pink Floyd
The Pixies
Johnny Cash
Jefferson Airplane
Radio Moscow
The Black Keys
& many more.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Too many to list, but some of my favorites are:

The Flaming Lips
The Brian Jonestown Massacre
The Beatles
Pink Floyd
The Pixies
Johnny Cash
Jefferson Airplane
Radio Moscow
The Black Keys
& many more.
Beatles, Floyd, Pixies are all great. If you listen to these, how in the WORLD do you not like U2 or DMB?