Tyler Lorenzen

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by arganbright2, Oct 4, 2007.

1. arganbright2

arganbright2 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Anybody notice that Tyler Lorenzen has UConn off to a 5-0 start? Lorenzen was a walk on at wide receiver for ISU a couple years ago and then transferred to Palomar Community College in California and became a QB. Not putting up amazing numbers but he isn't doing bad. Even though the QB situation at ISU is full of talent, I'm just curious what this kid could have done against the Big 12

2. Erik4Cy

Erik4Cy Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Male
    Home Mortgage
    Urbandale, IA
    I believe he would be a decent big 12 QB, but nothing too special...my only reasoning behind that is that I fully believe the big 12 plays better D than the Big East.

Bret Meyer has been good in the past, but I would take a decent ranking QB in the big 12 over where #7 is right now...he is just not playing good so far his senior year, it's kinda sad bcuz I really wanted him to go out on a high note (there will still be a few chances.)

3. jumbopackage

jumbopackage Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2007
    I don't know. I'd put that USF D up against any in the nation right now. Those guys are GOOD.

I haven't watched a whole lot of Big East football outside of them. I think the Big East is largely overrated, though.

4. cybsball20

cybsball20 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Financial Analyst
    Des Moines, IA
    The next 4 weeks are gonna show if Tyler is a contender or a pretender... Four very good defenses...

I would never call the Big East overrated though, if anything they are still a bit underrated... I would probably say they passed up the ACC which is pretty ironic since the ACC raided the Big East.

5. Cymaster

Cymaster Member

Jun 14, 2006
    He was actually a walk on QB that the coaches tried at a couple of other positions (TE, WR) to see if they could get him on the field. Things weren't working out for him, so he transferred to play QB. So far it has been a good decision on his part.