Tree removal companies in Ankeny?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by San Francisco Cy, Apr 21, 2010.

1. San Francisco Cy

San Francisco Cy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2008
    San Francisco
    I have a rental property in Ankeny, and it sounds like I need to get somebody in for a quote/removal. I have three old trees, two in the front and one in the back. It sounds like only the one in the back really needs some work, as it is close to power lines. Anybody know of a good company in Ankeny, preferably, that is affordable, quick, and reliable? TIA!

2. FarminCy

FarminCy Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Panhandler
    Right Over There
    FinCo in Kelley

3. isuno1fan

isuno1fan Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Clive, Iowa
    Used Perficut last year and happy with the price and work

4. San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
    San Francisco
    I have tried them for a couple of things in the past, and they've done a good job. It seems I had a more "local" company do my trees a couple years ago, but can't remember who. Thanks for the input.

5. ontheverge

ontheverge Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Anything near the wires you can get removed for free. Start with the free stuff and when thats done call and get your quote. Thats what the person you hire will do first. I dont know who has the local contract with midamerican.

6. San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
    San Francisco
    I've heard that before, but I've had someone from Mid American out at least once, possibly twice, and they've said they were enough at risk. Which seems crazy, cuz probably 1/4 of the tree is dead, and about 1/2 of those branches hang over the power lines...