Tough time to be a Cyclone fan

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kingcy, Jan 25, 2009.

1. kingcy

kingcy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2006
    Male
    Farm
    Menlo, Iowa
    There is a lot of negative talk around here and well there isnt much to be postive about on the outside. I feel things will start looking up soon. The basketball team is coming into some winnable games and if they can get someone else to step up they will win their share of them. Players are improving on this team, lets hope the pieces can get put together starting now so next year at this time this team is one of the top teams in the conference. On the FB front the Rhoads tenure is rocky at best to this point. NDS in 2 weeks will show how things are going so far.

Most of the teams in the Big 12 have are doing well in one major sport and that may help the lows not be so low in the other sport.

2. jumbopackage

jumbopackage Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2007
    how in the hell can you say that Rhoads tenure has been "rocky at best"? The guy hasn't even had a chance to do anything yet.

It's always great to be a cyclone fan, regardless of what's going on on the field/court.

3. CyDude16

CyDude16 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2008
    SuperFan
    Heads in the sky
    I'm a cyclone till I die (actually think it might be the death of me eventually). Wouldnt trade it for anything in the world, even if its not the best.

4. CyForPresident

CyForPresident Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Cornlands of Ayuxwa
    Volleyball, WWB, and Wrestling.

I'm done getting my hopes up until I actually see the on field results. Until then I will continue to assume that ISU will **** themselves whenever possible. Not the most positive outlook but I'm done getting heartbroken/kicked in the balls.

5. CycloneJoe

CycloneJoe Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Loser
    Carson City
    Rhodes is fine
    Wrestling was great today!

Brackins is leaving what will the BB team do next year?

6. CyForPresident

CyForPresident Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Cornlands of Ayuxwa
    What they've been doing for the last 4 years.

7. SeattleClone

SeattleClone Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2006
    #7 SeattleClone, Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
    Well, he hasn't gotten Kirk Ferentz to resign out of fear, and he hasn't gotten Harrison Barnes to commit to the basketball team out of pure awesomeness yet, so I would say he is a failure.

:jimlad::pfrown::perr::peek::pcute::pcool::pwink::pconfused::ptongue::pbiggrin::pmad::th_jtteglad::th_cool::th_blush::th_woot::th_wink::th_sur::th_sad::th_o::th_love::th_Jttesur:

*** There is an issue with the pirates and ninjas that prevents them all from being displayed properly.

8. kingcy

kingcy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2006
    Male
    Farm
    Menlo, Iowa
    I am postive about the future, but right now its hard. Every loss seems to bring out more anger from a fan base that is tierd of being at the bottom. I just have a feeling Brackins will stay and help be part of what gets the BB team going. Rhoads has lost commits and is taking awhile to find a DC he wants. I do think he will do great things at ISU. I feel the same for McD but he has to start proving something soon, and I am as big of McD supporter that there is.

9. Go2Guy

Go2Guy Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Chemical Engineer
    Houston, TX
    Imagine how young our team will be next year?

BTW - How can a guy leave early for the NBA when he gets schooled by Cyrus Tate ?#?@

10. jumbopackage

jumbopackage Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2007
    Losing commits is expected during a coaching change. He's lost essentially none of the actual players, though.

And he's gotten more commits than he's lost.

He's focusing on nothing but the recruiting trail right now to ensure that recruiting is as good as it can be expected to be. I don't see that as "rocky".

We are at the bottom in both men's bball and football because we've had essentially no continuity over the last 4-5 years in either major program in terms of either players and coaches (in the case of basketball), or coaching staff (in the case of football). Anyone demanding less continuity is an idiot.

11. AirWalke

AirWalke Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Des Moines
    #11 AirWalke, Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
    I think we've just been through a series of tough losses in MBB, which has been bringing spirits down. Texas, Nebraska at home, Missouri, and Kansas at home. I don't think anyone expected more than 1 win out of these four games, and yet we're still here acting like the end of the world is nigh.

Next up are games at Colorado, vs. Oklahoma, at Kansas State, vs. Missouri, and vs. Colorado. I see three possible wins, four if the cards fall right, two if we're dealt a bad hand. Schedule doesn't lighten up until the very end of the season with the last five games.

I don't think any win is a gimme, but our guys have shown a lot of spunk considering the odds they've faced. With the exception of the games versus Missouri and South Dakota State, I haven't had a whole lot to complain about. They're a fun group to watch, and I will continue to support them throughout the season.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    Is there one game since 2006 that fball or bball teams won that was a huge surprise (not a minor surprise)? That may be what KingCy is hinting at.

No Surprise Cy....

13. AirWalke

AirWalke Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Des Moines
    Agreed, if Brackins stays and improves upon this year, he'll be a definite ISU legend. Like I've said before, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he goes pro after this year is out, but from what interviews I have seen of him, he seems like a great guy and, at the most, just wants to win.

14. ISU2007

ISU2007 Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Project Manager
    North Liberty, IA
    3100 fans at the Oklahoma State @ Iowa State dual vs. 6900 fans at the Illinois @ Iowa dual depresses me a little

15. benjay

benjay Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    this is lol

16. CyBobby

CyBobby Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Central Iowa
    Face it boys...brackins is leaving after this season to become another millionaire basketball player....

Brackins will be playing in the nba when cyrus tate is panhandling on the street along with pierre pierce and co!!!!!:biglaugh:

17. BryceC

BryceC Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Really? I see two as best case scenario.

18. isuno1fan

isuno1fan Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Clive, Iowa
    Not happening until his consistancy improves.

19. ISUFan22

ISUFan22 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Healthcare IT Project Manager
    Denver, CO
    Gotta love the post-loss bridge jumping.

LOVED the Rhoads comment... :biglaugh:

20. cyfan50438

cyfan50438 Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Garner, IA
    I doubt that Brackins goes anywhere. He probably wouldn't make the NBA draft now. One (hopefully two) more years would improve his stock.