TOUCHDOWN!!!!

aute19

Sep 30, 2011
Seriously one of the best college football games I've ever seen, live or on TV. And I was there, too, which was an awesome way to start off Thanksgiving break.

Campustown was nuts afterwards, and in a non-violent, anti-VEISHEA way. Watched a couple of fellas fire up an excavator that was left (with keys in it) at the construction site of the bus transit hub. Best part is, they fired it up, did a few donuts, turned it off without wrecking anything, then kept celebrating.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
Yours too huh. Was the best birthday EVER !

we have the same birthday. that's weird.

I went home instead of going to the game. Safe to say that was a bad move.

I remember tweeting that day that my goal for my birthday was one of two things. For ISU to beat OSU or for me to meet Samantha Steele. Icing on the cake would have been both. Everyone thought I was crazy.

After we won and I was on the field, I made it my mission to find her. I did. My phone was dead, but I was able to get a picture with her and some other dude. To this day, still can't find anyone on the internet with that photo. Someday it is going to surface. Before she was whisked away, she wished me a happy birthday.

It was awesome.

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
Literally best night of my life. Went into that game expecting nothing and got the best gift ever

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Was in Mexico for my wife's friends wedding. Chose not to go to the bar that could of possibly had the game on. Instead drank tequila. Then went back to the room found the score. It made me sick that I missed that game. I am still not over it. Stupid weddings.

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
TOUCHDOWN, THEY DID IT!

I had to watch the last quarter and OT after this thread :)

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I was not at the game but was at a conference with college students across the Big 12 (including other ISU students). A couple of days before the game, the OSU guys came over to us and offered up a bet on the game, straight up. (Something like wearing the other team's clothes on the Saturday of the conference if you lose). I was the only one from Iowa State to take the bet and I honestly believed that I would win it. So that's my small solace for missing the game.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We almost skipped the game. We had an early flight to San Antone the next morning...visiting family in the hill country & over in College Station for Thanksgiving. Then we had tickets for the MBB games in South Padre that weekend.

We got all our packing done & decided to go...stayed for nearly an hour after the game was over because we just.didn't.want.to.have.it.end...
When we got home, hubby tried to sleep (for the four hours he could..) but I couldn't. So I sat up & watched the replays and highlights on TV. :)

Good thing we enjoyed that game...because we never made it to South Padre. About 2am Thanksgiving morning I ended up in the emergency room with a freakin' kidney stone. I spent the next four days until our flight back to Iowa high on painkillers and being the houseguest from hell at my sister's in CS.

I prefer to remember the football game. ;)

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
That game represents all my shame.... I didn't even watch writing them off as 0 chance, some of my best friends' band were playing that night. Look at the TV, literally as Woody is running in to the end zone.... Happy vomit????

I almost didn't go and I don't know that I've missed a home game since I first got season tickets in 2006. I had a friend coming into town on Saturday and I needed to get ready for that. And I thought we would get blown out. But being able to tell people how great of a fan I was ended up getting me to go to the game.

What I remember is that driving up to Jack Trice was almost creepy...not many people out and you thought that the crowd was going to be terrible. It turned into a pretty great crowd. I also remember that it was a really beautiful November night. You really didn't need a heavy coat until the second half.

I remember kind of losing my mind at the end of the first half when we came close to scoring, but ran out of time. Then I remember thinking that it was a lot closer than I thought it was going to be. And I remember that feeling of complete dread when we turned it over in FG range late.

It was one of those memories that make you feel bad for people that don't care about sports. What other completely unimportant event can bring someone as much joy as that game did? I can't think of any other hobby that has the ability to make someone that happy.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
James White just ran one in to close the gap to 24-14 against Okie State.
Might still have some kind of chance here.

WAIT A MINUTE!!!! ONSIDE KICK!!!!!!

Thanks, cyclones.tv

I've said it in other threads over the years, but the most underrated play of the game came at the beginning of that drive, with the Jarvis West kickoff return.

After it was 24-7, there was plenty of time for a rally, but my mindset was "ISU has play well, but we may have hit a ceiling."

Following the return, it changed to ... hmmm, the door is still open .. maybe, just maybe...

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I remember kind of losing my mind at the end of the first half when we came close to scoring, but ran out of time. Then I remember thinking that it was a lot closer than I thought it was going to be. And I remember that feeling of complete dread when we turned it over in FG range late.

Talk of end of the first half makes me recall...I was working 2nd shift, but had a little vacation if needed. I went in, but told my boss and my employees that if it was close at half, I was leaving. I got thru the first half via the audio on cyclones.tv (then called the clonezone), and walked around and told everyone I was leaving. One of my employees was a cyclone fan via going there and dropping out, but married a hawk fan...so she wears the gear, but wasn't really plugged in. She also left early, but to go to the bar. I listened to part of the second half on the way home, and my wife was surprised to see me home so early. She went to bed before it was all over, so I ended up texting my employee about it and freaking out and drinking celebratory beers in my living room by myself.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
This thread made me get the itch to watch the KU and ISU BBALL game from the big 12 tourney.

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
That was my younger cousin's second Iowa State game ever, his first was when we curb stomped Nebraska several years earlier. He used my wife's ticket while she went shopping with his wife. She didn't want to watch because she knew we would lose. She still blames me for not being there, I'm not allowed to talk about the game in her presence.