Top Half of Conference

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by every_yard, Feb 20, 2008.

1. every_yard

every_yard Member

Aug 25, 2006
    If we win Saturday and K-State beats Baylor, we will be tied for 6th in the conference. Granted, it will be a huge log jam at the 6 spot so I have no idea where we would stand with the tie breakers, but the top half of the conference is on the line Saturday. We need to take that 6 spot and run with it. :smile:

2. Drive4cy

Drive4cy Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2006
    Not bad considering our rebuilding situation. I really hope we steal one Saturday. I realize Tech is tough at home and they smoked Colorado tonight but they're very beatable.

3. whirlybirds

whirlybirds Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Knoxville, IA
    then u add that road game @ colorado then add the home game vs kansas and kansas st, we drop pretty fast. not looking too good

4. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    We will need some upsets to avoid finishing in last place. I'm assuming that we are dogs in all remaining games. If CU wins at home against us & BU, they win the tiebreaker if we don't knock off someone else. Not what I want to see, but it could very well happen.

5. Oldgeezer

Oldgeezer Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Waukon, Iowa
    Why don't we just talk about "winning out"?

6. kg-cyclone

kg-cyclone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2006

I agree...there are some winnable games left. Then give KU and KSU our best shot at home...I can live with that.

7. ISUonthemove

ISUonthemove Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Sports Photographer
    Altoona
    I think we're an underdog from here on out. Even at Colorado. But, I do think 4 of the 5 games are winnable. Kansas being the not winnable game. I still only see us winning 1, MAYBE 2 games the rest of the way.

Hope I'm wrong

8. every_yard

every_yard Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Call me crazy, but I really think we're going to beat either K-State or Kansas. K-State has not been impressive on the road this year (see the loss to Nebraska) and crazy things happen when Kansas comes to town.

9. cyclonemaniac7

cyclonemaniac7 Active Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Texas Tech is tough at home. They have only lost once at home in conference play. KU will definitely be difficult. KSU has been fairly inconsistent, so it's kind of a toss up on that one. I don't know if we should expect more than 2 wins in the remaining games. I think this would put us at about 9th in the conference.

10. ISUFan22

ISUFan22 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Healthcare IT Project Manager
    Denver, CO
    Finishing in the top half would be a major feat at this point. Still no road win or shown the ability to put teams away at home - instead letting them hang around and either eek it out in the end or give up the win.

Our biggest problem still remains this year as it did last year and I don't see it suddenly changing - scoring. We just can't consistently score points.

I think we'll end up below 8th in the final standings. Prove me wrong. :)

11. CTAClone

CTAClone Addict

Mar 28, 2006
    First Assistant Director
    Amerika
    We were picked to finish last weren't we? By the coaches and media, right? Anything better than that and I'd be a happy man, shows we exceeded expectations. I would be much more happier if we win out and go to the NIT. Don't worry, I wrote that with my fingers crossed while I was knocking on wood.

12. clonesalltheway

Apr 10, 2006
    Registered Nurse
    Kansas City, MO
    If we win out we will go to the NCAA tourney

13. drmwevr08

drmwevr08 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2006
    City Planner
    Omaha, NE
    Only if winning out would include the tourney :wink:

14. CycloneErik

CycloneErik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    If we win out the regular season, I don't see that this year. I see great momentum and confidence for next year's guys, and some real incentive to work harder in the off-season.

If by win out, you meant the Big XII tournament, then OK, we'd get the automatic bid, and that would be a blast!

15. CycloneTony

CycloneTony Active Member

Nov 3, 2007
    Concrete Finisher
    Indianola
    It was never a disappointing season to me anyways. It would be amazing if we can get above sixth im really just hoping we can get a winning record this year that would be enough for me.

16. cmoore_23

cmoore_23 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    national guard
    Ankeny, IA
    If we win out..

lets see we are..14-12

we have 5 games left

if we win out that puts us at
    19-12

i think we would need 2 more in tourney to have a shot at the dance, miight get lucky with one.. but idk...Even for the other two tourneys i think we would need at least one in the tourny

17. Skyh13

Skyh13 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2006

You're crazy. :wink:

18. cmoore_23

cmoore_23 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    national guard
    Ankeny, IA
    screw it im going out and buying some kool aid....