Tonight's Attendance

NoJantzesLeft

Oct 6, 2012
Ames, IA
Does anyone know what the actual attendance was tonight? The box score had it at 54k+, but there is obviously no way. All in all, I was blown away by how many showed up. The students had a great showing too!

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Does anyone know what the actual attendance was tonight? The box score had it at 54k+, but there is obviously no way. All in all, I was blown away by how many showed up. The students had a great showing too!

I was on the west side and would say the the east side was about half full. The only thing that made it look bad was the students, but like you, I thought their attendance was decent for it being break. I would guess the west side looked better than half. I estimate around 30,000.

Apr 19, 2006
I was on the west side and would say the the east side was about half full. The only thing that made it look bad was the students, but like you, I thought their attendance was decent for it being break. I would guess the west side looked better than half. I estimate around 30,000.

Id guess around 30. Better then Purdues 2000.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Have to say....damned impressive showing. 1 win clone team, bad opponent, coldest game since the ice age. Still had 25-30k show up. Not sure many other fan bases could do that (except Iowa:) Great fan support in the state of Iowa.

sngorman

Dec 20, 2006
LA CA
I have to say, seeing those 25-30k fans in the stands tonight made me proud to be a Cyclone. USC could only muster 25-30k fans at the Utah game on Oct 26th, with a half off Groupon and a metro area 20 times the size!!!

Well done Cyclones, Well done!

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
Tonight demonstrates that we have some of the toughest and most supportive fans in the nation. It was fun to be part of the coldest game in history. Good job Iowa State fans.

Last edited:

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
I was impressed too. Especially by the dude who showed up wearing an orange t-shirt and cowboy hat a section over from us. A flipping t-shirt!

ojoe2317

Jan 2, 2012
I'd agree with a 25K estimate for kickoff - I was sitting on the west side and the east side looked half full or a little less when the game started.

After halftime, though, I'd put it at about 10-12K. Looked like more than half of those who where there left.

The second half "Cyclone Power" chant was impressive considering attendance!

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
We can say we attended probably the hottest (UNI) and the coldest game (KU) of the 2013 season

Jan 14, 2009
omaha
That was one of the most fun football games I have been to. Some historical significance, an *** whipping & it wasn't as cold as it looked. NO wind made it very bearable. Pretty impressed with the crowd for all things considered. Cyclone Power chant was pretty good in the 4th.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
I'd point out that the student section only looked smaller due to their being packed together without empty seats. If you spread them out like every other section and they were probably on par with the % attendance of the rest the stadium. Everyone was a little late arriving I was concerned during pregame that it wasn't going to fill in that well, but it ended up pretty solid. Most impressive part to me was how many stayed all the way through. Which was great because those seniors deserved it.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
You need to apply the cold weather attendance conversion factor table which for this game were the temp went below 10 degrees is 2X. 27,000 in the stands each count as 2 so attendance was 54,000. If we had 35,000 in the stands it would have been 70,000 and probable trouble with fire marshals and building code guys.

:smile:

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Definite kudos to those who attended (and were more brave than I, who watched at home). I did not think there would be as many as there were in the stands. Cyclone fans continue to prove how deep their loyalty runs. Congrats to the team for picking up a nice win and making the effort more than worthwhile for those who saw it in person!

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I have . USC could only muster 25-30k fans at the Utah game on Oct 26th, with a half off Groupon and a metro area 20 times the size!!!

Well done Cyclones, Well done!

You can park and go to Jack Trice Stadium without worrying about having to play the knock-out game. I almost want to go tailgate at USC sometime just to get that Beirut experience. Feel the Hate. It must be wonderful.

CYvilEng

Aug 20, 2012
Des Moines
I'd like to know why the Jack Trice club wasn't full. It's heated for petes sake. After halftime it was like a barren wasteland over there.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Pretty good attendance all things considered.

We we stuck it out the whole game. My son wouldn't leave, he said he had to stay the whole game. I think he was the warmest person in the stadium. Lots of layers with a face mask and ski goggles on, he was definitely prepared for the cold.

Overall a a good group of people that were there to enjoy the experience. My phone said 2 degrees at the end of the game. That is one I won't forget.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I was impressed too. Especially by the dude who showed up wearing an orange t-shirt and cowboy hat a section over from us. A flipping t-shirt!

Seeing a person wearing a T-shirt 0 degree weather may not be impressive, but it does make an impression.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron