Timing of press release

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by CloneAbuse, Mar 12, 2010.

1. CloneAbuse

CloneAbuse Active Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Upper Mgmt - Corporate
    Clive, IA
    This quote was attributed to Mac in the Register this morning, “The balance of our team can be much better,â€￾ McDermott said. “We’ll put a team together that will play together and that will remain unselfish and really care about wearing the Iowa State uniform — and we’ve had a few issues with that this year.â€￾

The press release came this afternoon concerning the additional exodus of contributing players. He knew he was losing two more players, when he gave the Register the quote, yet he still claims there will be much better balance as a team next season. Can he really believe that?

I can't believe balance comes from scrambling for recruits this late in the game....

2. CycloneErik

CycloneErik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    I never thought that Ham was the most selfish guy, though. I still don't.

3. cyclonenum1

cyclonenum1 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2006
    What do you really expect him to say..."we are really losing a lot of quality players off our team that won 4 conference games this year and that is going to make next year much tougher than this year"?

Somebody posted about needing a stiffer than normal drink (or drinks as the case may be) today...I needed that double (actually several of them) the day Pollard announced GM was going to be here next year.

4. CloneAbuse

CloneAbuse Active Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Upper Mgmt - Corporate
    Clive, IA
    I don't think Ham was selfish either, but Mac must feel he has some better balance with what's remaining and I can't imagine how he can think that.

5. Tre4ISU

Tre4ISU Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Ninja
    Estherville
    Yes, he probably did know about them and was not considering them a part of the team at time of the quote. I have to believe Ham leaving was a kick to his junk. I don't know what he will do. I do know he needs to adapt completely to this team. He hasn't had a team without a star for a long time.

6. CloneState1028

CloneState1028 Well-Known Member

See, he's bashing former player(s) here. I really don't think he develops relationships with these kids. And that's HUGE.

7. CloneAbuse

CloneAbuse Active Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Upper Mgmt - Corporate
    Clive, IA
    At least if he'd said that, he'd be fulfilling the hones/integrity clause that seems to be so important to JP :jimlad:

8. CloneAbuse

CloneAbuse Active Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Upper Mgmt - Corporate
    Clive, IA
    I thought the same thing, he's blaming the players vs looking in the mirror and questioning why he continues to lose players.

9. Balls

Balls Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    DeNver, IA
    Greg throws his players under the bus and even when it's clear he's at fault he still continues to do so. Amazing. People keep saying how "great of guy Greg is" yet I don't see his public comments supporting that. When does he own up?

He's done and his story just keeps making him look worse. How sad.

10. GoShow97

GoShow97 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    mass enlightenment
    homeless
    GMAc doesn't have it. You can analyze it all you want. The simple fact is, he doesn'rt have it.

11. Bubbahotep

Bubbahotep Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Bossing around Iowa fans
    Des Moines
    You've got some years of eligibility left, suck it up and throw on a jersey. Quit all that bike riding, it's probably ruined your jumper.

12. jsb

jsb Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2008
    That quote came from Monday's press conference.

13. CloneAbuse

CloneAbuse Active Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Upper Mgmt - Corporate
    Clive, IA
    I've got no hops left after the ACL, but still got the jump shot...gimme a spot.

14. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha

He is a CEO.

For Doc Sadler, he finally said E for effort for his team did not get enough wins. You still had to have some talent. Who will be the star next year? Chemistry can get you only so far unless you are Butler.

15. CloneAbuse

CloneAbuse Active Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Upper Mgmt - Corporate
    Clive, IA
    I thought it came after the loss to Texas when he acknowledged MG not getting another year.

16. Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
    Bossing around Iowa fans
    Des Moines
    Better wear a face mask too, that nose has gone through enough

17. CloneAbuse

CloneAbuse Active Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Upper Mgmt - Corporate
    Clive, IA
    ouch! it needs to get hit back to the left to straighten it back out anyway :smile:

18. Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
    Bossing around Iowa fans
    Des Moines
    I can help you out this weekend, after a few shots of jager.