Tim Griffin's BIG XII Blog...recruiting capsule

Discussion in 'Football' started by ZJohnson, Feb 4, 2010.

1. jaretac

jaretac Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Frigidaire
    I'm not sure how he can put Colorado ahead of us in recruiting. Has he seen Colorado's class?

2. bawbie

bawbie Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    I think this line proves he has absolutely no idea what he is talking about:

3. benjay

benjay Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Tim Griffin is awful, that's how. He knows next to nothing about most Big 12 teams, which is almost unbelievable since his only function at ESPN is to cover Big 12 football.

4. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Male
    Ankeny
    My only guess is that he looked mainly at HS recruits. ESPN doesn't seem to have as much info on the JuCos as Rivals does.

Colorados class does suck though. They only have 2 Colorado kids and there are a decent number of good Colorado recruits. Most of the top 15 COlorado recruits left the state.

5. jbhtexas

jbhtexas Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Arlington, TX
    The ranking in the blog was the Scouts ranking. Both ISU and CU had a grade of C-. Maybe CU was ahead of ISU because "C" comes before "I" in the alphabet.

In any case, I think the bottom line is that as far as the Big 12 goes, neither ISU or CU had a stellar class.

I know these recruiting class rankings are somewhat questionable at this point, since none of the recruits have played a college game yet, but the rankings do indicate a level of talent brought in, and talent matters. Somebody posted yesterday that ISU's classes have typically been in the 8-10 range for the last few years. At some point if ISU wants to make waves in the Big 12, these class rankings probably need to improve.