Tim Fisher leaving KXnO

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
If Ross is taking over - I might start listening again/ regularly. I occasionally tune in, and find myself enjoying it if/ while he talks. Then the other two start jabbering, and I turn on Mike & Mike or Bob & Tom.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
So replacing a hawk with another hawk. Still not going back to that show.

Peterson is actually a decent and knowledgeable Hawk fan though. He seems to respect ISU pretty much and knows that CPR is a solid coach. He doesn't immediately come up with 20 excuses if the Hawks lost to ISU or belittle ISU like TnT do.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Still want either of the following:

Ross and CW

or

Ross and Blum

Hawk and a Clone working together. Mass hysteria.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I don't know, that beer spot they do with Bruno is maybe the most brutal 15 minutes of radio you can find on any given station any given week.

The stupidest part is that they do it right at the end of the show on days right before big games. Wasting prime sports talk time.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Its one thing to criticize ISU, but it is another thing to criticize all the time. Miller and Brinson critcize but also complement when its warrented, Tim Fisher never once complemented ISU in three years.

He was complimenting our basketball team this morning. I about drove off the road.

you've obviously never heard "hey Tana".

TRAVIS AND TANA IN THE MORNING. WE CAN KEEP TnT!

InAWord

Nov 16, 2010
Hey Tana is awful, awful, awful.

That said, I simply don't care if Ross is a Hawk fan his insights are solid and he certainly does not come off as biased at all. Period. So he likes Iowa. This might surprise a few people on this board but it's not necessarily a bad business model for a radio station to be pro-Hawk in central Iowa.

Help Support Us

Become a patron