Tiller playing in the Pinstripe?

Discussion in 'Football' started by State43, Dec 12, 2011.

1. State43

State43 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Graphic Designer
    Omaha, NE
    Just curious.

2. ccyclonepower25

Jan 30, 2011
    Don't know the answer, but I hope not.

3. vmbplayer

vmbplayer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2008
    Ankeny
    Why? And, I'm assuming he'd play WR which is where he has been practicing.

4. Senolcyc

Senolcyc Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    He can play. The odds of him doing anything significant are about 1000 to 1. That's no putdown, just the way it is.

5. ccyclonepower25

Jan 30, 2011
    Tiller let his team down this year, and I think he needs to wait until next year, and earn a spot on the team by going through preseason work outs and putting in his time.

6. psychlone99

psychlone99 Well-Known Member

Why should he? He let his teammates down by not staying on top of his coursework. Why should he share in their reward for their performance this season?

7. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Male
    Ankeny
    If the staff thinks he can add something to the offense as a WR in the bowl game, he will play. If they don't think he is ready yet, he wont.

Tiller is paying his dues on the scout team right now. His teammates and coaches will make the determination of whether or not he is ready and deserves to play.

People need to get off their effing high horses. He has been punished by losing a season of eligibility. The staff will decide if he has redeemed himself or not.

• Like Like x 1
  8. vmbplayer

vmbplayer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2008
    Ankeny
    Know what the general punishment for smoking weed/public intox/accusation of a felony/any misdemeanor is? 3 games or less.

You know what Tiller has done? 12 games.

You know what Tiller did in the meantime? Switched to a position where he could help the team win next year. Participated in practice to help make the team better this year. Put in all the work without the playing time. At the same time got his academics in order (if he is in fact eligible).

So If he is eligible and the staff think he is the player that offers the greatest chance to win I'm okay with playing him. Especially since his 'letting the team down' didn't involve anything close to how Albert Gary let the team down and he's been playing the last 9 games.

Call me crazy I'd be harder on the kid that robbed someone with a BB gun than with a kid who failed his math class.

• Like Like x 2
  9. BooneCy

BooneCy Well-Known Member

May 30, 2006
    Doesn't this include Donnie Jennert. He was academically ineligible as well, right?

10. clonomaniac

clonomaniac Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Engineer
    St Louis, MO
    A better question is does a healthy Jantz play at Pinstripe.

11. ISUAgronomist

ISUAgronomist Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Ag Research
    Close Enough, IA
    Some have noted he hasn't been seen on the sideline at games while Tiller has.

12. RustShack

RustShack Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Doing work son
    Adventureland
    Donnie would be a much bigger addition to the WR corps than Tiller would be. Its too had he stopped coming to games.

• Like Like x 1
  13. IowaSTATCyclone

IowaSTATCyclone Active Member

Dec 4, 2009
    This. Same sort of mentality that thinks Tom Herman doesn't "deserve" to coach in the bowl game because "he's a Buckeye now."

Rubes.

14. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

Yeah, if he is eligible, and can contribute and make the team better, then I'd let him play. Obviously he'd have to have earned it over others who are competing for playing time.

15. RustShack

Jan 27, 2010
    Doing work son
    Adventureland
    I am worried about how actually "all in" Herman is.. hes still our best chance at winning... but if hes giving a little more thinking about OSU then its going to hurt us...

Its very easy for people to mentally check out and not even mean too.

16. Clonegrad07

Clonegrad07 Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Indiana
    Count me in this camp. If he helps, he should play. Great asset for a trick play.

17. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Male
    Ankeny
    I think 50% of Tom Herman is better than not having a QB coach or an OC with experience game planning and calling plays. You have to have a full complilment of coaches for these bowl practices to get any kind of development for next year.

People need to get over the idea that TH was disloyal to ISU. If you get a chance to be the OC at tOSU, work under Urban Meyer, and have a good chance at a HC position in a few years, you take it.

Herman will take this as an opportunity to showcase what he can do and will help develop ISU players for the future in the practices.

18. RustShack

Jan 27, 2010
    Doing work son
    Adventureland
    He doesn't need to showcase what he can do, he already has the job.

19. RustShack

Jan 27, 2010
    Doing work son
    Adventureland
    And like I said, having him even not all in is still our best chance at winning, but you're crazy if you think he isn't thinking about OSU already.

20. CycloneErik

CycloneErik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    If Tiller is eligible and the coaches think he can help, I'm in. He did sit out 12 games.

• Like Like x 1