Tickets Sold Out

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
I wonder if we could sell out the single game tickets, but I don't think we will ever see those turn into season tickets. They can make more money off of them.

Clone1138

Apr 18, 2013
Central Iowa
Great. But will the students show up?

:ptongue:

That actually brings up a good point. If we have a repeat of last year with the students only showing up for the "big games" like Kansas and Iowa while the upper deck section sits empty most other games, I'm going to lose my ****. I won't be able to get season tickets this year now (and likely subsequent years) and would gladly pay for a seat at full price.

If it's another season of half-filled or empty seats in the upper section, I'd say the AD needs to start selling off those seats to people wanting to sign up as new season ticket holders that will actually go to games.

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
If we had last year's schedule this year, Michigan and Iowa would pay for the whole year.

Selling my Kansas tickets paid for the entire year for me last year. Put them on craigslist at a rediculously high price just as a joke. If they sold, I was making a lot of money. If not, I was going to the Kansas game. win-win.

4CY4EVR

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 17, 2010
I'm a cardinal donor sitting with 2 seats in the non donor section. I would like to upgrade but can't really complain as I'm happy I have the seats I got. Problem is..starting with JP's letter last month..the communication is **** poor. Letters and emails are sent .. but essentially tell us nothing...the current season ticket holders should have given the opportunity to request upgrades or additional ticket before the outside was eligible to potentially purchase any

Clone1138

Apr 18, 2013
Central Iowa
Put me firmly in the "Expand Hilton" camp now. I don't care how you do it or how much it costs. Find a way to add 5,000 more seats.

HoraceGrant

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2011
Does anybody now how many season tickets were actually available for sale? Like if every season ticket holder showed up to every game and nobody else showed up how many empty seats would there be?

cemarclone

Feb 6, 2014
Transparent roof with bleachers on top!

Time to start looking into relacing the middle concourse with seats and then tunnels to an new concourse outside the areana. That way the sides wold have no break, just seats from floor to roof. This would probably add 3-5k seats.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
That actually brings up a good point. If we have a repeat of last year with the students only showing up for the "big games" like Kansas and Iowa while the upper deck section sits empty most other games, I'm going to lose my ****. I won't be able to get season tickets this year now (and likely subsequent years) and would gladly pay for a seat at full price.

If it's another season of half-filled or empty seats in the upper section, I'd say the AD needs to start selling off those seats to people wanting to sign up as new season ticket holders that will actually go to games.

Only July and we got people complaining about the students.... yay

MuseumFaux

May 9, 2014
Ames
I'm happy to have tickets, just disappointed in the communication. I didn't think donors - renewing or not - would be shut out of the opportunity to put their name in the hat.

It's a good problem to have to figure out how to deal with season ticket sellouts and hopefully it will go more smoothly next year.

I have a feeling that next year is going to be an even bigger cluster f. With the ticket prices and donation levels both going up, I have a feeling that there will be a fair number of old school fans who refuse to pay the money to keep their tickets, but that won't be finalized until after the renewal period. Which happens after the season tickets sell out. Good problems to have, but there will definitely be some ruffled feathers when it is all said and done.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
I know some people were waiting until August to buy the $175 corner upper deck (I was planning on it as well), but the site now shows those are sold out as well.