Thoughts on potential qb Josh Grady??

Discussion in 'Football' started by CyRide9, Jan 17, 2011.

1. CyRide9

CyRide9 New Member

Jan 17, 2011
    I know coach herman loves this kid at qb, what are your thoughts

BCP Hilites

2. RustShack

RustShack Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Doing work son
    Adventureland
    Sign him up. Him and/or someone else might need to switch positions tough... I think Tiller should be tried somewhere else.

3. ISU_Alum_2000

ISU_Alum_2000 All-Star

Oct 21, 2006
    Aliso Viejo, CA
    By all accounts, he's a great kid with as much intelligence (would be pre-Med) as football talent. He has the potential to be a great leader, on and off the field.

He has quite a local following that (of course) wants him to stay at home (USF), but if he really wants to challenge himself at a great university in an elite football conference, he will play for Paul Rhoads and graduate from Iowa State.

4. HardcoreClone

HardcoreClone Member

Jul 28, 2006
    He looks fast and athletic! This is the first I've seen of his senior season highlights. Definitely the type of playmaker we need for our program, and he is someone who could contribute early in his career, whether it be at QB if he continues to develop in the passing game, or at WR/DB.

And as it has been mentioned, he seems to be just as spectacular off the field! Exactly the type of young man that fits in with Coach Rhoads, Iowa State, and the Ames community. He would be another great building block to help CPR reach new heights. Plus it appears he is very well known in his area and has a lot of connections to other possible recruits, always a plus. It seems like the staff is making more progress of getting into those FL recruiting hotbeds.

5. jbindm

jbindm Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Des Moines
    Interesting commit. It seems like the QB position is getting crowded pretty quickly. I would guess he or Richardson will redshirt (maybe both) next year.

The quality of recruits we're getting from FL now is an encouraging sign for the program. Now, if CPR and company could just do something about all the in state talent throwing away their futures by going to Iowa City then we'll really be in business...

6. State43

State43 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Graphic Designer
    Omaha, NE
    we don't have him yet, but lets hope we get him.

7. Clone9

Clone9 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Sign him up! Give him some time at QB and see what he can do. If he doesn't make it, then maybe he'll be the next LJ at CB or as a slot receiver.

8. Al_4_State

Al_4_State Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Driftless Region
    You can never sign too many athletic HS QBs. Those guys can switch roles into a lot of different positions, usually WR or DB.

If you know anything about Iowa's recruiting (and I know more than I'd ever want to thanks to a coworker), they take a ton of these raw athletes and move them into other positions and coach them up. I get the impression CPR is looking to do the same.

• Like Like x 1
  9. skibumspe

skibumspe Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Male
    Professor
    Ulsan, Korea
    #9 skibumspe, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
    Lived in the Tampa Bay area for 8 years & know there is a ton of talent in many sports & the St. Pete Times does a good job (sometimes over the top) covering high school sports, athletes & the recruiting process. I attached a couple links, one is a brief piece about Grady after his visit to Ames (think he is legitimately considering all three schools since he didn't commit to USF after his visit; he's a very smart kid, good to see he's weighing every option) & the other is about Ruben Gonzalez, a good receiver/dback prospect.

HomeTeam | Iowa State impresses Armwood's Grady

HomeTeam | Robinson's Gonzalez down to three

Jarvis West & Jeremiah George are both from the area & former Cyclone DBack Atif Austin is head coach.

Like I said, not currently living there but having taught and coached in Tampa, still have an interest in the happenings in there.

10. Senolcyc

Senolcyc Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010

How do you know that?

• Like Like x 1
  11. clonecard

clonecard Member

Oct 21, 2006
    This guy has serious foot speed

12. UNIGuy4Cy

UNIGuy4Cy Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Accountant
    Polk City
    So when did Gonzalez visit or when is he visiting? Rivals and that article have two different dates.

13. Rhoadhoused

Rhoadhoused Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Student
    Ames, IA
    #13 Rhoadhoused, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  14. CYVADER

CYVADER Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2006
    Sales
    Cornfields
    damn we are pushing hard for this kid.

15. State43

State43 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Graphic Designer
    Omaha, NE
    With good reason, if we sign him and his friends like ruben, we will be sitting on a good class.

16. Yes13

Yes13 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Josh Grady tweeted yesterday something to the fact that "there's 15 days to go and I still haven't decided" Then about 10 people tweeted him that he should go to USF or follow his heart, but there was one that stood out. Frankie Williams tweeted "iowa State boy!" We are recruiting Frankie. He is actually a higher rated athlete on Rivals than Grady. His teammate, Ruben Gonzalez, is visiting this weekend. He has one more visit left. I wonder if he also comes along.

Back to Grady. He also apparently wrote on his facebook status during his visit to USF that he was "annoyed". BTW this is all from that USF message board, I let them do the creeping. Josh Grady- Armwood HS

17. denmyster

denmyster Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Who is Frankie Williams???

18. ISUFB

ISUFB Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Male
    Mesa, AZ
  19. Rhoadhoused

Rhoadhoused Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Student
    Ames, IA
    Yes please. I can't imagine any reason for a guy to go out of his way and say go to iowa state unless he was some kind of silent commit or something. That would be huge. *crossing fingers*

20. Clonedogg

Clonedogg Member

Sep 4, 2009
    I.T.
    CR, IA
    unless frankie is going to TT and wants to play against him in the new big XII