Thoughts from Thee

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by IAPrepGuy, Sep 7, 2010.

1. IAPrepGuy

IAPrepGuy Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Waukee
  2. BillyClone

BillyClone Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Beautiful.

He hit this one on the head - most parents sound like idiots when they are shouting "tips" to their kids on the playing field.

Anymore, I take a lawn chair and sit alone, away from the crowd. It's the only way I can enjoy watching my kids' athletic events.

3. Dopey

Dopey Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Played with a kid whose dad would scream his name until he stepped out of the batter's box and make eye contact with him in the stands. The dad then gave the ever important advice of quote: "Hit the ball."

4. cjb1978

cjb1978 Active Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Project Manager
    Des Moines, IA
  5. cybsball20

cybsball20 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Financial Analyst
    Des Moines, IA
    I was doing a pitching clinic at what we will just call a small town school in the metro area and was working with one pitcher in particular. His dad happened to be the AD and was down at the other side by the catcher. I had him doing some drills, stopping at different points in the delivery, and basically asked him to throw about 75%. His dad was at the other end yelling for him to throw harder and other just stupid comments... It got so bad with the kid constantly looking over his shoulder that I had to ask the dad to leave...that went well...not so much

6. IAPrepGuy

IAPrepGuy Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Waukee
    Had similar crazed parents while at Valley HS - both on the playing field and in the classroom. Huge reason of my career change.

Have to say thanks to my parents for not acting like bafoons. Hopefully I can do the same as my kids enter into competitive sports.

7. Tornado man

Tornado man Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Ames, IA
    "NOW – I don't resent my dad, and this isn’t a hit piece against anyone who read this and thinks I’m talking to you." But just be mindful that they never forget, and they are the ones that see your personal well being once you cannot do it on your own. Maybe then I’ll get to explain to my dad the right direction to urinate when he’s lost that ability – I guess I’ll just get to decide when that discussion happens."

Uh, this entire last paragraph kinda shows that he does...

Cruel and disturbing, actually.