This might have been answered....but

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by mj4cy, Nov 27, 2006.

1. mj4cy

mj4cy Asst. Regional Manager
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Structural Engineer
    Ankeny
    Does anyone know if Chizik is going to coach Texas in their bowl game? My guess is JP wants him here immediately. It's probably good Texas didn't make the big 12 championship as well. Just curious if anyone knew!

2. dccyclone25

dccyclone25 Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Ames
    I would think that he would. I don't think it would interfere with anything for the ISU job, nor be much of a conflict of interests for Texas.

3. mj4cy

mj4cy Asst. Regional Manager
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Structural Engineer
    Ankeny
    True, but these next two months will be a great recruiting time....I was just curious if anyone knew. It could be announced tonight. Is it possible to work for both schools?

4. bos

bos Legend
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Network and Server Admini
    How better to recruit in texas when you are already there finishing up a season =)

Im sure he will fly back and get things in order here as well.

5. dccyclone25

dccyclone25 Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Ames
    And he'll have to start assembling a coaching staff as well. Maybe he will step down at Texas entirely.

Interesting....

6. jtdoyle1

jtdoyle1 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Designer
    Ankeny, IA
    IMO he will start at ISU immediately, stepping down at Texas. Why would he help Texas out anymore (a Big XII opponent). He has a staff and recruiting to get together, and players to ready for a change of schemes. Spring football is coming fast.

7. benjay

benjay Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    He'll need (and probably want) to start immediately. He needs to find a house and move his family, interview and assemble an assistant coaching staff, and get started recruiting as soon as possible. Time is critical to getting a jump on his first season, and we as fans will demand he work his butt off like McDermott has done so far.