This may cause troubles.

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by Angie, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Angie

Angie square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Staff Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Female
    IT
    IA
  2. TheHelgo

TheHelgo Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Male
    Portfolio Manager
    St. Louis, MO
    cool - well written opinion.

3. amyk33

amyk33 Active Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Very well done Angie!

4. Angie

Staff Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Female
    IT
    IA
    I just figured that maybe the student newspaper would be the place to put something - although I have serious doubts that any of them will understand that their team did anything wrong.

5. jtdoyle1

jtdoyle1 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Designer
    Ankeny, IA
    I think you summed up all of our feelings and presented them in a respectful manner. You represented the university well. Thank you.

6. monkeybrow

monkeybrow Member

May 19, 2006
    excellent....in light of many of the sub-effort postings on the board today in other threads....I say well done!

7. Angie

Staff Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Female
    IT
    IA
    You guys are way too nice. :) I just wanted to share this with everyone, because I figured it would have a few responses tomorrow.

8. C.John

C.John Perplexed
    Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Great job! Your letter was respectful and well written, you represented ISU proudly. Well done.

9. CY ST8T

CY ST8T Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    You need to share that letter with the MWC and with UNLV's administration where something might actually get done about there pathetic sportsmanship.

10. monkeybrow

monkeybrow Member

May 19, 2006

not a problem....you have been a beacon of rationality amongst a throng of many ready to "give up the ghost"....and snapping of ankles upon the leap from the cardinal and gold bandwagon

11. Angie

Staff Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Female
    IT
    IA
    I wonder how you would get in touch w/the MWC? I'm sure that they have a site somewhere... I'll have to do some hunting.

12. threemuch

threemuch Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Engineer
    Portland, OR
    I have another opinion. I can't understand exactly why you would write that. Clearly their coach and team lost their cool at the end of a very close game, in which they were serious underdogs. So what? Did they hurt anyone? Nope.

I saw photos of ISU fans taunting those guys after the game, when the finally left the field. That bothered me more than anything UNLV did.

Those guys gave us everything we could handle and nearly walked out with a win.

I think your letter is just rubbing salt in the wound. The UNLV team wanted the game bad, and it BARELY didn't go their way. A bit of understanding for their frustration is in order.

13. monkeybrow

monkeybrow Member

May 19, 2006
    I take it you were not in attendance? from my vantage point...it was the UNLV players acting like complete dolts on the pitch that kicked everything off into the "twilight zone" ...not to mention the complete lack of proper behaviour by the UNLV coaching staff.

14. Angie

Staff Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Female
    IT
    IA
    I agree completely w/Mike. Only somebody in the crowd could understand why their actions were reprehensible. There was no "rubbing salt" in any wound - their coach couldn't even be bothered to shake Mac's hand, and then let his team taunt the crowd. We were all filing out of the stands, minding our own business, when this all occured. There should be a formal apology by their school to ISU, and possibly sanctions against them. If their own coach had known the change in the MWC's rules for reviewing plays (which is something that you would figure would be of concern to him), none of this would have happened.

15. cstrunk

cstrunk Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Field Engineer
    Tyler, TX
    What am I supposed to understand? That their coach acted like a whiney 5 year old, who didn't get his way? That his actions sparked anger in the rest of him team who went on OUR FIELD and STOMPED on OUR LOGO. Letting that go as just "acceptable" is complete B.S. I can't believe any Cyclone fan wouldn't be upset that this happened.

The fans were upset only because of their actions. We did not taunt them to make them angry. We tried to send a message that what they were doing was completely unacceptable and we did not appreciate their actions!

16. Angie

Staff Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Female
    IT
    IA
    Additionally - as I said in the letter, their team was very impressive right up until the end. They acted with nothing but respect and determination... until something didn't go their way. Then the toddler inside came out.

17. Covenant Clone

Covenant Clone Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Owner/Construction Co.
    Clive
    So just because it was a close game and they lost, they have a right to act without class? We would never see a Cyclone team or coaches pulling that kind of classless act regardless of the circumstances. I have no understanding for the way they acted and anyone that was there shouldn't either.

18. Angie

Staff Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Female
    IT
    IA
    Well-worded, CSTrunk! And I agree completely with bhoodjer - did we act like a bunch of children after the Florida State game that we barely lost? No. Mac and his team acted with class, as befitting of representatives of a major university. Their actions were inexcusable.

19. cstrunk

cstrunk Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Field Engineer
    Tyler, TX
    Also, threemuch, you stated a question as to if they had hurt anyone. Besides hurting any respect our team and fans showed for them, actions like those can start dangerous situations (aka RIOTS). There were a bunch of fans who saw their actions as B.S. and were very angry that they were acting as such. It was on the brink of a public safety issue IMHO.

20. redrocker

redrocker Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2006
    M.M.F.I.C.
    Ames - West-CY'd
    I think I remember Larry E. through a couple of tantrums at some Basketball games.