Things You Heard - During or After ISU vs. UConn.

Discussion in 'Football' started by yler4cy, Sep 18, 2011.

1. yler4cy

yler4cy Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Engineer
    Ankeny, IA
    I thought this thread has been pretty interesting, and I apologize now if it has already been started, but here is what one of my coworkers said to me Saturday morning:

ISU's defense is good. The secondary is really fast and boy can they hit. I mentioned about the them being a little smaller than most secondaries, but they do like to hit. He said they are like little cannons ready to go off and that he was really impressed overall with the D.

It actually made me feel that much more proud of the way Wally has turned around this D.

2. HuxleyClone

HuxleyClone Member

Sep 16, 2007
    "These pretzels are making me thirsty."

3. Cybyassociation

Cybyassociation Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2008
    I got a text from my dad saying that a lot of the fans were really rude and really drunk. Not drunk at a football game like you'll find in Iowa where we are mostly cordial, angry drunks.

4. cytheguy

cytheguy Well-Known Member

May 23, 2006
    I heard that the bird is still the word.

5. bpmcclain

bpmcclain Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Ames
    I'm sure the UCONN fans are just mad that their football team hasn't learned how to cheat like their basketball team

6. Sloup

Sloup Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Ames, IA
    My best friend is a Husker fan, but he's been impressed by Iowa State. He wishes the Huskers would play with the energy and hunger that the Cyclones do.

7. Nycclone

Nycclone Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Have u seen ur mascot recently. . . ME no I guess not, it's been a while. . . Uconn guy. . . Well I heard he's doing too good, a few of us roughed him up a bit. . . ME no remark really thought it was a joke, if anything, awkward silence.