The moment I quit trying to care

Discussion in 'Football' started by CycloneYoda, Oct 1, 2011.

1. CycloneYoda

CycloneYoda Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    The TD right after LJ's bonehead move. At that point, I knew that tonight was not the night.

2. helechopper

helechopper Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2006
    ACD
    Chicago
    Yep. Couldn't believe what I was seeing. I was hoping the ref missed it while spotting the ball, but that wasn't to be. Give credit to Texas for taking a shot right after.

3. NobodyBeatsCy

NobodyBeatsCy Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Sales
    Clive, IA
    I hope he is not hurt bad. But, I thought he'd have matured enough from that UNLV game 4 years ago to today. I have never been that disgusted in his behavior than I was with that head butt. Did he think no one was watching?

4. clonefanpaul

clonefanpaul Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Madison, WI
    So I was out at a show for quarters 2-4. What happened?!

5. GoSTATE71

GoSTATE71 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2008
    most of our players were talking a lot of crap, especially benton, we understand that you made a great tackle or stop but god just walk away and celebrate with your teammates don't throw it in their face

6. Clonefan94

Clonefan94 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Male
    Graphic Designer
    Schaumburg, IL

Ugh, I couldn't believe I was watching it. My wife was ****** they threw the flag, I may be nuts, but knew that deserved a flag.

I hope by Gods good grace the guy is OK, but damn that really hurt us tonight. Fortunately for him it wasn't the only bonehead move of the evening.

7. Wardecker

Wardecker Member

Oct 13, 2007
    I never stopped caring but after the punt block for a TD, I figured the game had gotten away from us.

LJ's dumb move seemed to inspire Texas

8. gocubs2118

gocubs2118 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Student
    Illinois
    That was the point where I stopped yelling at the TV.

9. ISUAlum2002

ISUAlum2002 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Urbandale
    Most of the people around me in Section B were complaining about the call, and they were probably not too happy with me continuing to tell them that it was the right call and a bonehead play by LJ. Just unreal to see the defense finally, FINALLY force a punt.....only to have one of our seniors do something stupid like that.

It was actually making me angry that fans around me were upset about the call.....it absolutely was the right call, and just stupidity on the part of our players. I'm just really tired of seeing stupid plays like that. Its too bad we don't have the depth at CB to send LJ to the showers, because that's where he belonged after that play.

10. Wardecker

Wardecker Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Sadly, it was the right call. I was hoping for a minute that he was going to get away with it, alas, he did not. Posters here were divided over it, but, let's face it, it was D-U-M-B and it turned the game.

11. cyfan15

cyfan15 Active Member

Oct 23, 2006
    That was the real back breaker. We had a chance before that to do the same thing we did in the first three games. After that boneheaded penalty and the TD, the game was over. With that penalty and the blocked punt, we basically turned the ball over five times tonight.

12. weeb2k1

weeb2k1 Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Banker
    Annapolis
    That was the moment I lost it and finally turned off the game. I get way too emotionally involved with ISU football, and i wasn't going to continue torturing myself.

13. That's when I turned the TV off and had to walk away for a few minutes. I can't even remember the last time I turned a game off and stopped watching, but seeing our team continue to make the same mistakes got me really worked up and I was raging ****** by that point.

14. CycloneRulzzz

CycloneRulzzz Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Male
    Nevada, IA

Couldn't wait to see what LJ did to get the flag. Unreal he head butts Shipley well after the play being over. Inexcusable.

15. The_Architect

The_Architect Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Focus Town
    I saw the butt clear as day from my section. Knew that flag was coming immediately. IIRC Texas went straight after Jansen Watson on the very next play who was in the game cause LJ was yanked.

16. PDXCyclone

PDXCyclone New Member

Jun 11, 2010
    #16 PDXCyclone, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
    I truly believe LJ didn't mean to actually make contact with his helmet. I think he just got closer than he meant to and made contact...

That being said, he shouldn't have been talking trash and getting in his face to begin with so I think the flag was warranted.

17. NobodyBeatsCy

NobodyBeatsCy Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Sales
    Clive, IA
    He reared back and smacked the guy in the head. It was intentional and the dumbest thing I ever saw from a senior. Three strikes.

18. shagcarpetjesus

shagcarpetjesus Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2006
    This is how I saw it too. He was barking at Shipley at the same moment that Shipley was getting up from the ground and their helmets bumped. The head butt didn't look malicious to me. But like you said, it's not an issue if he's not barking at the other team in the first place.

19. ISUAgronomist

ISUAgronomist Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Ag Research
    Close Enough, IA
    This. It was intentional, unprovoked, and just plain dumb.

20. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

I've been at this too long to stop caring, and I know that. I did actually have some hope left at that point, but the TD that put it at 27-0 kind of squashed that.