The end of an era

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by Cyclonepride, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

I've been arguing all season that McCarney deserves to stay on at Iowa State. I truly believe that he has done great things for the program, and brought them to a new level in college football. However, I think today's game was a real statement by the team. If you are trying to save your coaches job, you don't come out and get stomped by a bad Kansas team. I am sure injuries contributed, I am sure that poor assistants contributed, but I don't think there will be any way to save his job. I appreciate everything Dan has done for the program. I think he has been a really great representative for Iowa State, and has ran a class program. I wish him nothing but the best for the future.

2. bos

bos Legend
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Network and Server Admini
    Good post. I agree. I wont crucify him no matter what. I do agree its time to move on but I will never look down on his time here and I appreciate what he has done.

3. ISU_Alum_2000

ISU_Alum_2000 All-Star

Oct 21, 2006
    Aliso Viejo, CA
    The last of the lot are finally coming around...

4. jdoggivjc

jdoggivjc Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2006
    Sterling Heights, MI
    my thoughts exactly

5. ISUFan22

ISUFan22 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Healthcare IT Project Manager
    Denver, CO
    3 straight completely pathetic games (Tech, K-State, Kansas), where we should have won all three - aught to send him and his staff packing.

I hate it, I wish D-Mac would be the one to continue growing this program - but he's hit a brick wall.

6. jdoggivjc

jdoggivjc Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2006
    Sterling Heights, MI
    also my thoughts exactly

(sorry, not coming up with much original thoughts)