The Difference...

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by Kramer, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Kramer

Kramer Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Anytown, USA
    The difference between winning and losing usually isn't much and last night was no exception. Take away the lucky leaner that McKowen made as the shot clock was running down and the HORRIBLE turnover that MT made that led to Coleman's dunk. Add just ONE basket for Jiri...any one of his bunnies he couldn't finish and look what we have. Those 6 points make that last 2 minutes entirely different. That's why you can't get too high after a win or too low after a loss...the difference usually isn't very much. Go Clones.

2. CyCloned

CyCloned Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Male
    Accountant
    Robins, Iowa
    I thought the real killer was the obvious charge by McKowen just before the half. He shoved off the ISU defender, knocked him down and made a 3 pointer. That really hurt.

3. Costanza

Costanza Member

Nov 18, 2006
    Importer/Exporter
    Queens with Franks & Estelle
    Anybody that has ever coached basketball would know on a given night you can get beat. UNI made more shots when it mattered and executed better. Basketball teams are not made in November. Iowa state needs to continue to improve and hopefully win some in the meantime.

4. BryceC

BryceC Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    I find it interesting the Kramer and Costanza are both prominently involved with this thread.

5. cycloneworld

cycloneworld Facebook Knows All

Mar 20, 2006
    Civil Engineer
    NE Oklahoma
    :laugh8kb: Hilarious.

I'm kinda surprised Kramer hasn't lashed out again yet.

6. CYdTracked

CYdTracked Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    IT
    Grimes, IA
    We got beat fair and square and I don't like to make excuses. Lucky shots and ball calls happen in all games. Good teams play around them and adjust. It's a "good" loss if you can call any loss good because we made plenty of mistakes that we can go back and look at and work on in practice to get better.

7. Kramer

Kramer Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Anytown, USA
    I actually thought of changing my screen name once Michael Richards went nutzo.

8. isucy86

isucy86 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2006
    We Were Lucky to Keep it Close

UNI is a superior team at this point in the season and in Cedar Falls.

UNI's team defense was great, we didn't get many uncontested shots. They also ran their offense with precision.

Conversely, ISU's defense was pretty average, guys didn't get back and our offense was stagnant. I like Taylors ability to make plays, but the half court offense bogs down when he goes dribble happy. If he makes shots like at Minnesota- he's the second coming. If he play like he did at UNI- he's going to draw comparisons to a poor mans Stinson.

9. Juggercy

Juggercy Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Ames, IA
    #9 Juggercy, Dec 2, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2006
    you should change it to Puddy or Newman

10. Kramer

Kramer Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Anytown, USA
    Or maybe Art Vandeley