Thank you CFH

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by ChiefCy, Apr 4, 2013.

1. ChiefCy

ChiefCy Member

Aug 4, 2008
    I for one appreciate CFH coaching style. I have heard he strives to be professional and coach his players how he would want to be coached. This is one of the areas his NBA experience proves helpful. His years working for the Timberwolves leads me to believe he is a very good judge of talent. Also players know he can honestly acess their chance to make the NBA. Player want to play in his up tempo offense and love the freedom he gives his player. After the Rutgers story hit ESPN it really drove this point home.

I am really looking forward to big things from this basketball program. Finally if CFH would request help with 1 weakness he did show this year I would hope the AD woul make a call to Mr Knight for some help to show CGH how to properly throw a chair.
  2. carvers4math

carvers4math Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2012
    I fell asleep attempting to watch a few Big 10 games this year, so I truly appreciate Hoiball.
  3. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    The BIGN is still showing their games. You can still watch them. They are slow. They will be over eventually.
  4. Cyinthenorth

Cyinthenorth Active Member

Mar 29, 2013
    North Iowa
    I have taken great joy and satisfaction watching each and every Big 10 team lose in the NCAA Tourney so far. Vaunted by fans of the Big 10 everywhere as the toughest conference, yet only 1 advance to the Final 4 (and had arguably the easiest road to it as well). I overheard some Iowa fans on ESPN boards saying how if they win the NIT they should schedule another game with the winner of the NCAA title. Shocking what even a scrap of success can do to some people egos. Nevertheless, I had to remind them that first place in the NIT is still 69th place overall :)
  5. Cardinal&Gold11

Cardinal&Gold11 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Stayin' Alive
    Ames, Iowa
    I believe we are going to take a huge step forward in the next couple of years. Combine his up-tempo, NBA style offense with his recruiting getting better every year, and I think we will be in the hunt for conference titles pretty much every year. Honestly, who wouldn't want to play for CFH? He tends to let his players play, letting them play through the mistakes, and I think at the end of the year, this really benefits us.

Each of his 3 teams have hit their stride during the middle and end of conference play, and started to play really beautiful basketball. All we need is a little more consistency, and those close losses will be wins. I couldn't be more excited for our basketball program and where Fred could take us, and I don't think that is too much kool-aid talking. Let's be the team everyone wants to beat!