Texas basketball is really bad

ClonesTwentyOne

Feb 10, 2014
DSM Area
That definitely is in the back of my mind. Texas will be coming off a bad loss of some kind, beat ISU in Austin, then regress the next game. It could be truly ISU-ish if Cyclones are in a good groove during the same period but lose anyway, making it even more perplexing.

Oh, life as an Iowa State fan.
Same **** happens as a Vikings fan. Always when an injured QB comes back they light it up against the vikes

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
That definitely is in the back of my mind. Texas will be coming off a bad loss of some kind, beat ISU in Austin, then regress the next game. It could be truly ISU-ish if Cyclones are in a good groove during the same period but lose anyway, making it even more perplexing.

Oh, life as an Iowa State fan.
Texas will be coming in off a road loss at TCU, play us, than go to Stillwater.. We'll be coming in off a road loss at KU, play Texas, than host OU.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Apparently, yes. Some felt the need to rip on Iowa basketball relentlessly. I wish I could have personally buried that thread months ago. And don't forget about the "Iowa football headed for the bottom" thread. That classic preceded a 12-0 run. That was wonderful.

A lot of overconfidence preceded the UAB game. Every UNI game. Foolishly predicting wins over Bill Snyder. Losing to a program that just canned Charlie Weis.

I'm sure there's more, but now I'm angry.

I never realized how much words on a message board impacts the outcome of games, thanks for enlightening me.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Apparently, yes. Some felt the need to rip on Iowa basketball relentlessly. I wish I could have personally buried that thread months ago. And don't forget about the "Iowa football headed for the bottom" thread. That classic preceded a 12-0 run. That was wonderful.

A lot of overconfidence preceded the UAB game. Every UNI game. Foolishly predicting wins over Bill Snyder. Losing to a program that just canned Charlie Weis.

First time on message board?

You seem triggered.

Reactions: CyTwins

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010

To this day I can't believe fans of a #3 seeded team honestly expected their team to beat a #14 seed... dumbasses. 3 seeds almost never beat 14's.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

giphy.gif

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
The best thing is just how much the national media was spoon feeding us all summer how amazing Texas is. AKA lazy reporting figuring a "name" school with good recruits is safe enough to tout as a great team without actually looking into it.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Struggling more than I predicted but some thought I was crazy when I said they wouldn't be that good this year. I am wrong a lot but got this one right.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Struggling more than I predicted but some thought I was crazy when I said they wouldn't be that good this year. I am wrong a lot but got this one right.

Same here. I couldn't get over how much people were hyping them.

• Agree

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
The best thing is just how much the national media was spoon feeding us all summer how amazing Texas is. AKA lazy reporting figuring a "name" school with good recruits is safe enough to tout as a great team without actually looking into it.

It wasn't just the media...the Big 12 coaches ranked them 3rd in the preseason poll.

• Informative
Reactions: mj4cy

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Texas has some very good talent but is young and losing Isaiah Taylor a year early due to an ill advised decision to go pro essentially derailed their season. Shocka still hasn't found the PG to set an run their offense. They'll get better and have a very good recruiting class so while this year won't be anything special in a couple of years UT will be a good team.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Texas has some very good talent but is young and losing Isaiah Taylor a year early due to an ill advised decision to go pro essentially derailed their season. Shocka still hasn't found the PG to set an run their offense. They'll get better and have a very good recruiting class so while this year won't be anything special in a couple of years UT will be a good team.

Or maybe he just isn't that good of a coach.

• Winner

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Eh, I think we should wait for more than just a 6-6 record to start declaring he's a bad coach. Every previous year up to this point would prove otherwise.

He had one good run in the tournament after they almost didn't make it that year. What else has he done? I am not saying he his is bad. I am just saying maybe he wasn't as great as people built him up to be. He never won a conference title at VCU. I think he is a good coach but I think he is overrated and also think their talent was overrated. They will also lose 3 of their top rotation guys in Cleare, Yancy and Allen after this year. Maybe in two years they will have a good team.

Last edited:

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I really should have seen it coming. Bought into the Eric Davis hype. They lost way too much from last year to not fall some. That and Smart is an overrated coach.

• Agree

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron