Tech doesn't make NIT ...

Discussion in 'Big XII Conference' started by surly, Mar 13, 2017.

1. brett108

brett108 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    Chemical Engineer
    Tulsa, OK
    I think they are a one seed because they believe it will sell more tickets. Iowa fans aren't necessarily disappointed with an NIT bid like IU fans are.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. surly

surly Well-Known Member

May 16, 2013
    writing, trolling
    reservation lake, mn
    Understand Indiana turned down a home game due, supposedly, to renovation of Assembly Hall, a building that should be replaced rather than patched. But rather, I suspect, IU admins didn't think the empty seats look would be all that appealing given fans overall disappointment with NIT bid.

3. Tornado man

Tornado man Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Ames, IA
    Indiana corrected that - they said they turned down a home game because "their students were on spring break." But 10 other NIT schools who are hosting games are also on spring break, so it sounds kinda funny to me.
    Indiana would sell lots of tickets, their fan support is maybe the best of any team in the NIT field. Are they trying to sabotage Crean?
    If I was an Indiana player, I would be pissed...

http://www.crimsonquarry.com/2017/3/12/14903384/indiana-nit-home-game-spring-break-georgia-tech

4. CycloneRulzzz

CycloneRulzzz Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Male
    Nevada, IA
    Guess Tech didn't want to settle for the CIT. ;) I think that loss to Texas probably did them in regarding NIT.