NFL: Tebow contract done

Discussion in 'Pro Sports' started by Mr Janny, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Mr Janny

Mr Janny Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
    Staff Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Tebow, Broncos agree on five-year contract - NFL - CBSSports.com Football

Not that the Broncos had much of a choice because of where he was drafted, but it seems like an awful lot of money to pay a QB who probably won't start for 3 years. Here's the most interesting part of the article in my opinion:

First, it will be interesting to see what kind of a contract Thomas will be getting as it compares with Tim's.

And second, is Tim Tebow really the most intriguing pro prospect since Michael Vick? That seems to be a big heaping spoonful of hyperbole as far as I'm concerned.

2. hawkeyeh8r

hawkeyeh8r Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Ames
    hes definitely overrated thats for sure...im not sold on his new throwing technique nor do i think he can compete at the nfl level. hes going to be another bust story. hes the next danny wuerfell

3. CycloneErik

CycloneErik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    If intriguing means curiosity about how he translates to the pro game, then maybe.
    If it means "because we know he'll be incredible and can't wait to see it," not so much.

4. jtd9046

jtd9046 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Sales
    Chicago
    It's very common for the first pick on each team to be the last to sign. 1st round picks are usually signed anywhere from the day before camp to the 2-3rd day of camp.

5. alaskaguy

alaskaguy Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006