TCU Game Predictions

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by Tailg8er, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Tailg8er

Tailg8er Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Male
    Accountant
    Johnston
    I think Solomon with a little Holden will help us enough inside to get the job done. The rest of the guys will play within themselves, with one of them scoring 20+ (no idea which one).

Good guys stay on track in Hilton, 84-76.

2. cycart

cycart Active Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Male
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I think this will be one of those games where we consistently are up around double digits and win 83-71. Young goes for 12 and 8 to keep things rolling.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

I was at a wedding for the game at TCU, so I can only really guess based on the way I think that game went from reading about it, and from watching each team individually. I was most nervous going into that game about their big versatile guy (name is escaping me right now), and he seems to have been our toughest match up.

Overall, I think we can beat them if we keep reasonably close on the boards, and if we somehow can make that a wash, I think we'll win somewhat comfortably, especially if we can put pressure on their guards and turn them over. I don't think we'll be quite as sharp as we've been, but I think we'll do enough. Cyclones 82-71.

4. awd4cy

awd4cy Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Eastern Iowa
    I think we are a better team than when we lost to them the first time. Also, with Solomons emergence I think we win.

TCU 76
    Iowa State 82

5. TBT

TBT Active Member

May 27, 2014
    Male
    WDM, IA
    If Iowa State keeps Brodziansky from a double-double, ISU will win.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tailg8er

Tailg8er Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Male
    Accountant
    Johnston
    Just looked it up and he scored 12 with 5 rebounds in their last game against OK State (which is actually close to his averages of 13.9 and 5.8).

In our first meeting he had 25 and 14, SURELY we can get a good enough game plan to reel that in.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. SCyclone

SCyclone Active Member

Mar 11, 2014
    Fort Dodge, IA
    Brodziansky averages a little over 5 boards a game, but had 14 against ISU in Texas. With Young now part of the mix, and Holden re-energized, I have to hope he is closer to 5 boards than 14.

Cyclones win - the trend is definitely upward.

8. bosco

bosco Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Des Moines
    I would really like this team to flex their muscles on them. TCU pushed as around and had their way with us last game. Want the team to send a message that we won't be abused like that again.

9. chuckd4735

chuckd4735 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Male
    MO/KS
    In the first game, Holden didn't play, and Young played 3 minutes (and played extremely poor). We had to rely on Bowie to stop Brodziansky's 25 and 14. Not a stretch to say as long as Young and Holden can hold their own inside, we will win this game at home. I expect this to be similar to the Texas home game...close for most of the first half, and we take a 10 point lead by half and never really look back. Look for a big game from Morris.

10. knowlesjam

knowlesjam Active Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Weather Warrior
    Papillion, NE
    This. Keep Brodziansky in check and you force TCU to put up shots from the outside...which they are average. Actually, just keeping him to his average will result in a 10 point ISU win. We are better than the last game against them and they are slowly getting ground down by the schedule.

11. inCyteful

inCyteful Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Male
    Executive
    Fort Collins, CO
    I think this team is ready with some swagger.

ISU 88
    TCU 72

Young doesn't have a great stat line but neither does Brodziansky.
    Monte Morris does

12. Cardinal2001

Cardinal2001 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Programmer
    Ames
    Clones win with their new-found inside presence.

13. coolerifyoudid

coolerifyoudid Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Male
    KC
    ISU - 79
    TCU - 70

Our guards are much better so if we can keep Brodziansky to his averages, we win.

I think this game is uncomfortably close going into the half. I'll be surprised if Dixon doesn't try to pound the ball inside and get Young and Holden into early foul trouble. I'm hoping we keep the pace quick and wear Brodziansky down.

Our bigs really need to keep him from getting set up in the low post early in the possession. Having to double him up opens up the kick out to the open three, and TCU has proven they can hit them.

14. rholtgraves

rholtgraves Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    ISU 84 TCU 74

15. Stewo

Stewo Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Male
    Commodity buyer
    Iowa
    This'll be quite a bit different than the first go-around, I think. TCU is still a good team with good coaching, but we're not exactly the same team we were when we went down there just over a month ago. The emergence of Young on Wednesday was huge. Even if he doesn't go out a get a double-double tomorrow, he'll absolutely be a factor against Brodziansky. He alone beat us last time.

16. MartinCy

MartinCy Active Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Male
    Cedar Rapids
    ISU - 79
    TCU - 66

If we win by double digits I'm officially drinking the kool aid on season outlook compared to pre Lawrence trip.

• Like Like x 1
  17. madguy30

madguy30 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    TCU's a really tricky match up so it will be interesting.

Need Monte to 'man' up and have an average game after getting punked by their PG last time. Burton too.

I'm hoping the meltdown is minimal if Young struggles a bit, which I think is realistic and likely. I'm also hoping Prohm lets him play it out as long as he's not in foul trouble.

I can't watch due to the channel but only something bad can happen so no biggie on that end.

Hoping ISU can pull it off and get some actual breathing room.

18. chuckd4735

chuckd4735 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Male
    MO/KS
    Him and Williams. TCU also had quite a few points off the bench that game IIRC. I think if we do a good job on Brodzianskky in that game, we still lose a close game.

19. heitclone

heitclone Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Male
    Recreation Therapist
    Malvern, IA
    Over shadowed by their rebounding advantage in Fort Worth was that Fisher absolutely schooled Monte, they are good but they needed both of these to happen to beat us at home, I don't see both happening again at Hilton.

20. Stewo

Stewo Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Male
    Commodity buyer
    Iowa
    I don't know. Brodziansky made so many clutch plays down the stretch that kept us at an arms length. That's not to take away what Williams did, but every time TCU needed points or a rebound in the last 5ish minutes of the game, it was Brodziansky.