MLB: Target Field

Discussion in 'Pro Sports' started by Haverhill, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Tornado man

Tornado man Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Ames, IA
    Thanks for the photos. I think part of the aura of the ballpark is that it is built into such a compacted, small area. Being familiar with the area, I remember thinking that's there's no way that a baseball park would be suitable in such a small space.
    Now that it's finished, it's a stroke of genius. It adds to the charm and environmment, and makes Target Field stand out much more than if it had been built in some wide open space.
  2. edr247

edr247 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2010
    As a Twins fan, I can say it's much, much nicer to be outside. I wasn't sure if we'd lose some sort of advantage by moving out of the Dome, at first, but with the exception of the apparent inability to hit HRs, I don't really think there's much of a difference.

The proximity to the rest of downtown, along with the extension of the light rail system seems to be, so far, a great idea. I know people were concerned about traffic congestion. Now, if we can replace the Dome with a new outdoor football stadium, I'd be pretty happy, though at least with football you can argue that December/January in Minnesota can be cold enough that you really don't want to be outside.
  3. Goothrey

Goothrey Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Some friends have gone on that tour. I walked around it sometime back in February.