Tailgating tales

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by livinthedream, Feb 8, 2008.

1. livinthedream

livinthedream Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Small Business Owner, Ind
    Elk River Mn
    Over the past 10 years, up until last year whan I had season tix, I would go down to Ames for homecoming....My once a year trip yeilded some pretty interesting items left behind and never claimed....Items included: a really nice Colman fleece blanket in its carrying case, about 10 coozies, 1 flask, a sweatshirt, many cases of beer and misc. bottles of booze. Two nice folding chairs and the best was waking up on a sunday morning in my motorhome in the lot just south of university blvd to find a nice rolling cooler plump full of beer.....I have only had one item stolen which was a shaker of meat spices...so I figure I am still a bit ahead of the game considering in years past I would recruit some undergrad to watch the rig while I went to the game....they ate and drank for free of course and they and I were greatful...

Some other observations....My receiver has gotten bigger, the speakers are now industrial(after blowing 2 sets of speakers and one receiver) the food is now better and simple to prepare, The music is still suspect at best (according to the others who visit the party) but I can live with that.....I guess joining this site has made alot of memories come flooding back....so if you are ever near the vet med lot next year.....come lookin for the airsrtream with the minnesota plates and have a cocktail and a walking taco....:wink:

2. 54cy

54cy Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Ankeny
    Re: Tailgating tails

Long live team Cannonball.

3. CYdTracked

CYdTracked Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    IT
    Grimes, IA

We bought an old RV to haul all our stuff around so that was our biggest tailgating "upgrade." That is still a work in progress too but hopefully the end result will be great.

First game of the year last year me and a buddy took the RV up the night before and wound up polishing off a whole bottle of Jack. Let's just say beer did not sound too good till later that day, especially me since I probably had the better 1/2 of it and if anyone had come by around 4am they would have got some entertainment!

So many good stories and memories from this past season because of that RV too. Sometimes frustrating when we had mechanical problems but when you look back you can't help but laugh too.

4. livinthedream

livinthedream Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Small Business Owner, Ind
    Elk River Mn

I started out in a 72 winnebago for the first 8 years....so I know all about the little "problems" that arise. But the rv tailgating, just for the restroom near is a huge benefit...although dumping 40 gallons of other peoples waste on the way home is unpleasent to say the least....:confused:

5. larrysarmy

larrysarmy Active Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Ankeny

Weren't those the dudes in long red long johns?

6. redrocker

redrocker Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2006
    M.M.F.I.C.
    Ames - West-CY'd

Don't you just pull the plug while going 60 mph down I-35?:confused:

7. ajk4st8

ajk4st8 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Ankeny

Might be a good idea driving down Melrose next september

8. mjlane

mjlane Member

Apr 21, 2006

No, you wait until you're on a bridge before pulling the plug.

Sincerely,
    Dave Matthews Band

9. redrocker

redrocker Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2006
    M.M.F.I.C.
    Ames - West-CY'd

That's FA-NOM-IN-ALL

Sincerely,
    Jim Rome