Sues hospital for being taken home by the wrong mother

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by alaskaguy, Jun 2, 2008.

1. alaskaguy

alaskaguy Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    A woman is suing is suing the Canary Island health services for 3 million euros ($4.7 million) for a mix-up at the maternity hospital which led to her being taken home by the wrong mother twenty eight years ago.

The woman discovered she had an identical twin when she was mistaken for someone else in a shop in 2001.

Her sister was brought up alongside another girl, believing they were twins.

Link:
    Twin, separated at birth, sues for mix-up - Yahoo! News

2. Phaedrus

Phaedrus Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Military Contracting
    Khorasan
    As an adopted person, I have nothing for contempt for this woman. To me, our parents are who raise you; who love you and who stand by you and to sue the hospital at this late date dishonors the parents who raised her.

But I'm not one to let my feelings fester. What's done, is done.

3. alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
    The woman is suing for emotional distress. However, the woman claims that she wishes that she had never found out about the mistake. So therefore her emotional distress resulted from being told about the mistake? If so, should the hospital have with held the truth?

4. alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
  5. pulse

pulse Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2006
    When saying that she wished she had never found out, slapping down a lawsuit certainly won't help her emotionally. Like most lawsuits this reeks of greed and not emotional distress.

6. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    Spain Hospital comment, "Babys R Us, We Hand out Babies Like Communal Babies to be Passed Along to Whomever, Enjoy. We also frigging do not our top from our bottom worth shinola."