Steele Jantz Quote

Discussion in 'Football' started by CycloneSports, Aug 7, 2011.

1. CycloneSports

CycloneSports New Member

Aug 4, 2011
    The State of Iowa
    Really really liked this quote from Steele that i havn't seen yet. Love his attitude.
    Iowa St QB Tiller hoping to win starting job - San Antonio Express-News

2. RustShack

RustShack Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Doing work son
    Adventureland
    He closed the gap when he stepped on campus. He just needs to keep learning to make the jump.

3. dualthreat

dualthreat Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Yea but did he say if any of his teammates liked him?

4. CloneFan4

CloneFan4 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    Student
    Pants Party
    Really? When are you guys gonna let this go? Team chemistry is an important component in success. CPR also said the guy that gets the locker room to back him up will win the job. Let's just derail some more threads by making a mockery of another.

5. Sloup

Sloup Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Ames, IA
    Or if Sam Richardson has a chance to start over him?

6. CyArob

CyArob Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Nuclear Fusion
    MN
    I'm pretty sure your sarcasm detector is broken. I thought it was pretty obvious, but I guess the jimlad is always needed for some people to understand he was making a joke. Hope this helps.

7. cycoticfan

cycoticfan Member

Dec 14, 2008
    IT
    Johnston IA
    Looks like we aren't the only ones with QB still to be settled
    UCONN

8. RustShack

RustShack Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Doing work son
    Adventureland
    How did I miss this?

9. Sloup

Sloup Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Ames, IA
    Texas, too. Weeks 3 and 5 will be interesting to see which previously embattled QB can overcome the opposing defense more effectively. Iowa State should have a better running back situation than UConn and Texas, so that should help us.

I've been saying all along that the QB battle isn't as big of a deal as people are making it out to be, anyway. We need the skill position guys to step up to make it easier for the QB, regardless of who that turns out to be.

10. CycloneSports

CycloneSports New Member

Aug 4, 2011
    The State of Iowa
    I hoenstly think the coaching staff has told him he has basically got the job(behind closed doors). I'm guessing they just said, "Come in and practice hard and you've got the job" Because Steeles attitude is telling me he's not worried at all about losing the starting job. Just my opinion.

11. awd4cy

awd4cy Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Illinois
    I think Texas is set. You will be hearing Malcolm Brown a lot this season.

12. clonefanpaul

clonefanpaul Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Madison, WI
    From everything I've read, Longhorn fans are convinced he alone will bring them back to the NCG.

13. ajk4st8

ajk4st8 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Ankeny
  14. iowa_wildcat

iowa_wildcat Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Male
    Retired
    Ames
    If it helps any people are taking shots at each other on most all message boards. It makes no difference which school colors you wear. Fans are bored out of their minds and ready for some football. And yes, Bill Snyder is so old that he puffs dust when he breaks wind.

15. clone136

clone136 Active Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Student
    Ames via Soux City

I highly doubt this happened.

16. clonestar12

clonestar12 Member

May 16, 2006
    Sales VP - Software
    Texas
    I am guessing the chance this happened is 0.0000009%. No chance the coaching staff would let one QB know under these circumstances. This QB battles is being talked about daily.

17. 00clone

00clone Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2011
    "Before" picture model
    Iowa City area
    I can't see that at all. CPR wears his heart on his sleeve, I can't see him stringing along Tiller and Barnett if Steele had it all but locked up. I really believe what he said on media day. (Tiller knows the playbook. Steele is the most athletic. Barnett was the most accurate.) When one gets the other 2, they'll have a starter.

I will say that to me, those things make it look down for Tiller. It's a lot easier to learn the playbook quickly than to be more athletic or more accurate quickly.

I don't think we're far off on how likely it is that Steele starts, but I just don't think the decision is made. But honestly, I like that, based on what they said. Whoever gets it has earned it, rather than getting it by being the "next in line".

18. CYCLNST8

CYCLNST8 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Male
    Urbandale
    This "battle" will continue after August 20th. Meyer battled Flynn into mid season, Arnaud battled Bates. Look for the same this season. I'm not going to stress about it; someone will separate themself from the others on the playing field. I'm tired of these threads...

19. Stormin

Stormin Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    IMO the thing that concerns the coaching staff and all of Cyclone Nation is the fact that when Tiller has led the offense we haven't put any points on the board. It has been an absolute struggle. We had the same problem in 2003. We couldn't score. Flynn had some of the same problems as Tiller. They will put 8 or 9 men in the box.

• Like Like x 1
  20. cy4prez7

cy4prez7 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Male
    Teacher
    Des Moines
    Where I think you may be correct here, it may not be the case. There is a lot of time until August 20th for a QB to take the clear cut lead (or not at all). Either way, like others hvae said it will definitely be earned.