Some of You Need to Chill Out

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by CrossCyed, Feb 3, 2009.

1. CrossCyed

CrossCyed Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Oh, I do stuff
    Iowa
    Seriously, anyone expecting us to come out of this game with a win had to have been a little jaded to begin with. Kansas State has a clear talent advantage, and despite the fact that our guards have shown absolutely nothing tonight, we outplayed KSU for most of the first half and got close in the second. As the second half progressed, we couldn't keep up, but this could have very easily been a blowout loss for us.

I will say that aside from some odd subs (as per usual), the game plan was pretty solid. I don't know, but some of you guys seem to like ripping on the players rather than their performance.

We played over our head against OU, I have no doubt about that (big home crowd, etc.) but I don't think we're at a point where reasonable people, having a knowledge of our team, should get near this pissed about tonight.

2. brianhos

brianhos Moderator
    Staff Member Bookie

Jun 1, 2006
    Computer geek
    Trenchtown
    Re: Some of You Need to Chill the F*** Out

Who is getting worked up. We are ISU, we are not going to be any good at sports. The sooner you all get that, the easier life is.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Drive4cy

Drive4cy Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2006

All I ever read on here is that Frank Martin is the worst coach in the country. I'm sure many people on here expected a win tonight.

4. jahfg

jahfg Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Ames

I don't think a lot of people expected us to win. I think getting up by 8 in the first half got a lot of us excited though.

5. ISUKyro

ISUKyro Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Houston, TX

I'm starting the lean this way more and more each game. :sad:

6. Knownothing

Knownothing Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2006
    Re: Some of You Need to Chill the Out

Frank Martin is a better coach than Gmac. he has beat him every time. You need to start caring otherwise turn in your gear. Sick of these people who tell everyone to chill out after every loss. Why don't you get some passion for the damn team and hold people accountable.

7. rd4isu

rd4isu Member

Apr 11, 2006

Well obviously Frank Martin sucks and doesn't understand that X's & O's are the key to winning in this league.:jimlad:

8. CrossCyed

CrossCyed Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Oh, I do stuff
    Iowa

I'm pretty sure this is about the first time I've ever done it. I'm not trying to say everything is gonna be ok in the end, I'm trying to say some people have pretty high expectations for one of the bottom 3 teams in the conference in both talent and performance.

9. jahfg

jahfg Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Ames

I'd rather go into every game believing we have a chance. You are a horrible fan. Yes, I know you've been to a lot of football games.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SpokaneCY

SpokaneCY Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Manager of Natural Gas
    Spokane, WA

What exactly does that mean - hold people accountable? What are you calling for? Just calling players out?

11. Drive4cy

Drive4cy Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2006

I can't disagree.

12. cyclonez7

cyclonez7 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Ames/Coralville

Minus Brackins, we have absolutely no talent.

13. AirWalke

AirWalke Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Des Moines

I wasn't able to watch the whole game, but when I came in we were a point down. I like how they play, but they just haven't been able to SEAL THE DEAL since the Houston game. It's just hard to watch. It's like they have this psychological barrier they're struggling to over come. I don't think it's a talent problem. We've got the guys needed to be at least middle of the pack in the Big 12. I think we have the right coach. I just know that consistently, in the 2nd half, if we're down, and we start to inch closer toward tying or winning the game, this is when the psychology of "oh god, when is the choke" surfaces, which is a psychology that permeates not only the fans, but the team itself.

• Like Like x 1
  14. brianhos

brianhos Moderator
    Staff Member Bookie

Jun 1, 2006
    Computer geek
    Trenchtown

After getting kicked in the crotch enough times, you just become numb.

15. kingcy

kingcy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2006
    Male
    Farm
    Menlo, Iowa

Just when you think this team is getting better they do this. There needs to be more talent some how some way.

16. ISUFan22

ISUFan22 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Healthcare IT Project Manager
    Denver, CO

SO we should just accept it, bend over and take it like a boi? I'll pass...

Tired of losing, we had our chances tonight (again) and squandered them. This team continues to game after game - tease us. Come close, but foul it up when the game is on the line. It's about the only consistent thing we've done for a few years now.

17. jahfg

jahfg Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Ames

Based on coaching credentials, it is not even close. Let's see what GMac can do with average talent. Right now, we are severely below average. Next year is the year I begin to hold GMac completely accountable.

18. Go2Guy

Go2Guy Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Chemical Engineer
    Houston, TX

Kansas State has a clear talent advantage, and despite the fact that our guards have shown absolutely nothing tonight, we outplayed KSU for most of the first half and got close in the second
    ~~~~~~~~~~`

1. Believe me; you don't want 'Clone fans to "Chill", because the day we do is the day we don't care.

2. In the MacD era, we play every team close in the 1st half. But then the other coaches figure MacD out, and the second half is a different story....not only the second half, but the last 5 minutes MacD gets out coached*.

*Unless that coach is Tom Penders

• Like Like x 1
  19. BCforISU

BCforISU Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Madison, WI

I am not negative, just disapointed. Wish we could be good, but I still have faith we will be good next year.

20. isuno1fan

isuno1fan Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Clive, Iowa

At the end of the day, it's just a game. I came to that realization about 4-5 yrs ago and my blood pressure has thanked me ever since.

• Like Like x 1